News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Index.php Errors

Started by Alan S, May 14, 2006, 10:41:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan S

SMF Version: SMF 1.1 RC2
getting these errors vvhen i try to access my forum

Notice: Undefined variable: sourcedir in /home/alans/public_html/forums/index.php on line 51

Warning: main(/QueryString.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/alans/public_html/forums/index.php on line 51

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/QueryString.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/alans/public_html/forums/index.php on line 51

i uploaded a new copy of index.php and of /sources/querystring.php and it was still the same

Thanks for any help

- Alan S
Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on August 23, 2008, 04:10:10 PM
SMF 7 is where it gets good. That has time travel. You can go back and post before the guy who flamed you. :P

Alan S

just to see what happened i edited the index.php and took out the $sourcedir that was causting the error and i instered the path to the source dir and the first error went away but the second 2 remained
SMF 7 is where it gets good. That has time travel. You can go back and post before the guy who flamed you. :P

Alan S

Alan S

Harzem

/sources/querystring.php is case sensitive, it should be
/Sources/QueryString.php

be sure it is right there.

Ben_S

Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

gamesmad

Quote from: Ben_S on May 15, 2006, 09:05:46 AM
Try running repair_settings.php

What is repair_settings.php?

Exactly what I was thinking, SMF probably didnt detect the Sources directory correctly.

Will
1 on 1 SMF Help - Want 1 on 1 SMF Help? Post in Help Wanted or drop me a message!

Go Charter! - Please consider becoming a charter member to support SMF development.

Please do not PM me with general questions, posting in the appropriate board will ensure everyone benefits from the advice given.

Alan S

it didnt detect anything correctly , when i ran it everything came up blank ( as in the entry fields ) because it couldnt detect the sql info , my hosts sql server crashed yesterday so im thinking thats what caused it , anyway i installed the forum again so no problems now

Advertisement: