News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Is It Safe To Delete?

Started by Uiop, May 17, 2006, 12:05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uiop

I've bene playing around with themes in my SMF installation, and noticed that when I clicked the red X next to themes in my control panel (to delete those themes) the MySQL entries were deleted for that theme but not the theme's folder on the server.  Is it safe to delete this folder?

Also, I tried to upload a theme and got a mkdir error because the theme was in a subdirectory in the archive.  The failed theme upload did not show up on my theme list in my admin panel nor did it create any MySQL entires, but the folder was placed.  I deleted the folder and have had no errors, is this OK?

gamesmad

Its perfectly fine to delete those folders, I have done it many times with no problems.

Will
1 on 1 SMF Help - Want 1 on 1 SMF Help? Post in Help Wanted or drop me a message!

Go Charter! - Please consider becoming a charter member to support SMF development.

Please do not PM me with general questions, posting in the appropriate board will ensure everyone benefits from the advice given.

Uiop

H

-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

L.G.S

I have wondered why it does not delete the folder as well?
FREE and LIVE World Cup + Premier League football streams:

www.gamesandgoals.com

H

Quote from: L.G.S on May 18, 2006, 01:18:22 PM
I have wondered why it does not delete the folder as well?

Probably because you could have modifications in there.

Also the default theme should also be kept because other themes link to it
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

L.G.S

No I mean if you delete a theme from the database (custom) why wouldn't you want the folder deleted?

If you had stuff to keep there you wouldn't remove it anyway

www.gamesandgoals.com

eriktm

Quote from: L.G.S on May 18, 2006, 01:53:52 PM
No I mean if you delete a theme from the database (custom) why wouldn't you want the folder deleted?

I'm wondering too...

gamesmad

Its a 10 second job to fix, not really anything to worry about.

Will
1 on 1 SMF Help - Want 1 on 1 SMF Help? Post in Help Wanted or drop me a message!

Go Charter! - Please consider becoming a charter member to support SMF development.

Please do not PM me with general questions, posting in the appropriate board will ensure everyone benefits from the advice given.

L.G.S

I am not worrying about it, it's just a query.

www.gamesandgoals.com

Advertisement: