News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

package installer not working-sorted-

Started by lj, May 07, 2006, 09:31:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lj

SMF 1.1 RC2

I have uploaded an update and 6 mods I wanted installed....I have tried every which way for the package installer to work, and its not, I get no error message.

I went into my cpanel and unzipped them there and chmod them to 777

still nothing.

any Ideas?

jerm

I think your not using the package manager like you should.
Try reading this to see if your doing it right:
http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=95.msg115#msg115

lj

Yes...I have been doing what the link you gave me said.

I put in my ftp details etc correctly to install, it says done, but nothing shows and when I check which mods are installed in the admin area it says none.

lj

Has anyone else had this problem? if so how did they fix it?

If I cannot get it to work how do I install the modifications manually as there does not seem to be instructions on how to, with them.

lj

I just read this on another thread

View Profile Email Personal Message (Offline)

Re: I have a serious problem
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2006, 05:16:19 PM »
   Reply with quoteQuote
Well no matter what i do the following wont work in admin panal.

FTP Information Required
Some of the files the package manager needs to modify are not writable. This needs to be changed by logging into FTP and using it to chmod or create the files and folders. Your FTP information may be temporarily cached for proper operation of the package manager.

It wont accept my credentials?Huh

thats exactly my problem, so could it be there's a problem with the download manager itself?

scottws

I'm having a similar problem.  I'll go to install a new package.  I'll put in the FTP info.  It will download successfully.  It will pass all tests.  I will apply the mod, and it will say that it was successfully installed, and that the functionality should now be available.

But it's not.  It will, however, be listed in Installed Packages.  If I try to uninstall it, it will say the Packages directory or one of its files is not writable, even though the Packages directory and its subdirectory backups is chmodded to 777, and all files in Packages are chmodded to 666 except install.php (which is 644).

However, if I chmod every single file and directory in my entire forum structure to 777, it will install, work, and uninstall fine.

So it's a permissions issue.  Unfortunately, I cannot isolate exactly which files it is failing on (it can't be the Packages directory like it is telling me).  I've followed a few guides on how to set permissions for the SMF forum, but I get glitches like this from time to time.

You guys really need a guide on file and directory permissions - bad.

lj

scott my site is chimod to 777...all but 2 files which wont change.

lj

Ben_S

Who "owns" the two that wont change?
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

lj

sbox_v1.04.mod

sbox_remove.php   

sbox_setup.php

~ooppss sorry 3~

but that does nto explain why the other mods (about 6) dont work with the package manager, they chmod ok.

lj

Just to let you know I got this working my file path was not filled in complete.

Advertisement: