Changing Forum Buttons

Started by KACAP, May 17, 2006, 10:48:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KACAP

My name is Tiffany, and I a new to message board development. I am attempting to change the theme of my organization's message board to fit with our overall design. First I would like to say thank you to the gentleman who created Theme Writing Tutorial (hxxp:www.patrick.hardcoders.net/tutorials [nonactive]). This document greatly helped me make the needed changes to borders, fonts, and etc. The only change that I have not been able to figure out is redesigning the forum buttons. The buttons I am referring to are the following: "Home", "Help", "Search", "Logout" and etc.  I have a screen shot of what I am referring to, but I am unsure as to how to include it in the post. I would appreciate any assistance anyone could offer about how I go about changing the background colors of these buttons.

In case anyone would like to provide any overall feedback regarding the message board I am creating, I would also appreciate it. The URL is hxxp:www.kacap.org/BBS [nonactive]. I still need to add different categories and such. So, it is still a work in progress. I am trying to get a feel if the site is clean and user-friendly enough for the future members.

onijin

well, you just have to actually create the button(s) in gif format, and copy/replace them into your

themedir/default/images/english/

directory (using ftp).

Like if you create a new "register" button, name it "register.gif" and replace the one already in the directory.

Advertisement: