Specific order for sticky threads?

Started by Dejana Talis, May 15, 2006, 10:03:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dejana Talis

SMF Version: SMF 1.1 RC1
I have a "Rules" sticky in some of my boards, and I want that to stay at the top of the thread list even if additional sticky topics are added. As it is, the thread with the most recent reply appears first, and since rule threads are rarely replied to the rules always end up on the bottom.

By searching I found this thread, which seems to be asking the same question, and a link to a mod was posted that I think would have solved my problem - but the link to that mod is now defunct. This was the mod link. Is there another place I could find this mod, or a new mod or instructions I could use to make the rules stickies stay at the top?

Oldiesmann

The author of that mod pulled his mods off this site following a dispute related to translation of Italian language files. His mods can now be found at http://www.smitalia.net, although you will have to be a registered user there to download them.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Dejana Talis

Hmm. Anyone have any other tips or instructions for accomplishing this, then?

Oldiesmann

Unfortunately that's the only solution that I know of. I know it's a lot of trouble to go to just to get a mod, but that's about the only option you've got (other than asking someone else who's already a member there to download it and email it to you).
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Dejana Talis

Nrgh. Maybe I'll try fiddling with the code first. Thanks for the advice.

Edward A Freeman

Quote from: Oldiesmann on May 15, 2006, 12:09:13 PM
The author of that mod pulled his mods off this site following a dispute related to translation of Italian language files. His mods can now be found at http://www.smitalia.net, although you will have to be a registered user there to download them.
It would be great to be able to even register there, but you can't get to the site at all without having a username and password. He has it set up in .HTAccess so you can't access any of his site without permission.

Advertisement: