Staff Page Mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, May 18, 2006, 06:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diosjmk

oh no, I mean paste me the lines Im missing in modifications.english.php but the ones you explained as "It would appear that the text to show the staff button doesn't even exist in that file" ^^

Sorry about the mixedup

EDIT: Fixed, I found the requiered text, weird, it never made those lines when installing.

onijin

everything installed fine, but after adding groups to be shown, there's still nothing showing up.  everyone (even with permission) and including the admin.

all i see is

"Staff Configuration

SMF Staff"

Farmacija

can we somehow add other group to staff list except moderators or global moderators?
www.farmaceuti.com
www.farmaceuti.com/tekstovi

Gourgi

i just installed this in my 1.1.2 forums and works great in the default theme.
Thanks VB !!!
Another superb mod :D
keep up ;)
Όσο ζώ, μαθαίνω ...

onijin

here's a better idea of my issues...

current settings

with the above groups to be shown, still displaying this:

ramiz

nice mod...is working fine in my test forum(SMF1.1RC3)

but as an admin i can access the staff page...if i login as a member of any other group, then i cant see the stff page option

is it only to admin to access...

vbgamer45

You need to give all member groups permission to view the staff list.

Admin -> Permissions -> Modify each group.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

ramiz

really really great mod
many many thanks .........
its working fine in my local system....i will be implementing in my site

thanks again

regards,
ramiz

ramiz

plz could you tell me one more thing

is it possible to see only my staff...

suppose i am a member of a particular membergroup(x)
now is it possible to view only the that particular membergroup(x) staff

means member can see only his group members

i am using SMF1.1RC3

ramiz

i am not able to install this module on my server (SMF1.1RC3)
while it is working perfectly in my local system

while i am applying the module ... i am getting the following error
like ..."6.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test failed"

i am posting the full text below

installing this package will perform the following actions:
   Type    Action    Description
1.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
2.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Who.english.php    Test successful
3.    Execute Modification    ./index.php    Test successful
4.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test successful
6.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test failed
7.    Extract File    ./Sources/Staff.php    
8.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/Staff.template.php    
9.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/Staff.english.php    
10.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/Staff.english-utf8.php    
11.    Execute Code    staffsql.php

any help plz

TrueSatan

@ ramiz the test failure you report simply tells you that the file it mentions has been altered by some other mod. Look at http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=140034.0

Also...why, oh why, would you want to be running an out of date, obsolete, passed over, version of SMF with bugs in it that have been fixed in later versions? The current version is SMF 1.1.2. I would suggest that before you bother doing anything else to your forum, including installing this mod, you upgrade to the current version.

ramiz

thanks TrueSatan ....  u r telling that i should go for manual installation of this mod

anywayes how should i update my forum version( from SMF1.1RC3 to SMF1.1.2)
already i have many features in my SMF1.1RC3
every thing i need to keep impact just want to update the version

any links , tutorials plz

dxdonline

Thanks a lot!! installed without problem.
http://www.dxdonline.com [nofollow] - Play watch and Have Fun

TrueSatan

Quote from: ramiz on March 28, 2007, 11:42:03 PM
thanks TrueSatan ....  u r telling that i should go for manual installation of this mod

anywayes how should i update my forum version( from SMF1.1RC3 to SMF1.1.2)
already i have many features in my SMF1.1RC3
every thing i need to keep impact just want to update the version

any links , tutorials plz

@Ramiz

Yes, I'm telling you that a manual installation is needed for you to add this mod...though you would probably be able to copy the file that fails the tests, install via the package manager, manually install only into the file that failed the tests, replace that file with the manually edited one.

Please don't ever consider it right, sensible or even acceptable to stick with old versions of SMF when newer ones are available...it's none of these. We all know that work is involved in upgrading from an old version...it's part of the duties of being an admin.

Because you haven't been keeping your forum up to date you now have a problem...if you want to use package manager mods to do the updating then you'll have to find the appropriate ones and do it step by step going from what you have to the next release, from that to the next and so on...again it's why you should keep up to date.

You have the option of doing a complete reworking...copy all your forum files...open a fresh test forum on a new database...install SMF 1.1.2 into that...add all the mods you want to retain into the SMF 1.1.2 test forum...once you have the SMF 1.1.2 test forum in the state that you want it to be in then copy the files from it minus settings.php and settings.php.bak in the forum root...delete all  those files from your main forum and copy on the SMF 1.1.2 ones...you may need to get the upgrade.php upgrade_1-0.sql upgrade_1-1.sql from the upgrade pack for SMF 1.1.2 and run them by putting them into your forum root then navigating your browser to upgrade.php...not sure about that.

Remember...you have all these things to do because you didn't keep your forum software up to date.

BTW please use standard English in your postings not mobile phone speak.

ramiz

hi TrueSatan,

i have installed Staff Page mod manually
its working without any problem.......

thanks to vbgamer45 too for this nice mod   

TrueSatan

I'm happy if you're happy...and all the thanks are due to vbgamer45...he did all the work to make the mod.

ramiz

many many thanks vbgamer45 for this mod

blaze416

great mod.  said it installed fine.  im using a custom theme made by bloc.  got the staff button added no problem, but i have no where to administer the mod from.  i think that there is suppose to be a spot in the admin panel but there is nothing there for me.  any ideas?

attached is a screen shot of the admin panel with nothing there. 

vbgamer45

Copy text strings from /themes/default/languages/modifications.english.php to /themes/yourtheme/languages/modifications.english.php
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

blaze416

im sorry.  i really dont know what text strings your talking about.  im a complete noob at programing

Advertisement: