Staff Page Mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, May 18, 2006, 06:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrueSatan

Unfortunately you have another (eval?) error meaning that the file mentioned in the error report isn't the one with the error in it but the one that failed thanks to an error in another file...not the most helpful of error reports to put it mildly.

The vast majority of such errors are due to missing a few lines of code...check and check again to make sure this is not the case... when adding a mod but if the problem is more deep rooted you may need to do a root and branch clearout to fix it.

You can replace the files in your forum with a new set and add your mods and themes again and that is likely to fix the problem unless there is some clash between mods (though this doesn't, on the face of it, look like one.)

You would do this by first backing up both your database and your forums files (via ftp) then getting the latest SMF forum installation package and studying the files in it...from your forum you would remove the files and directories that match those in the installation package save for the attachments directory and Settings.php and Settings_bak.php in your forum root...make sure they are preserved and not removed or overwritten...then upload the files from the installation package...this would give you a clean and unmodded forum without affecting your database and, as I said, you would then add your themes and mods to it again...check as you add each one that no obvious problems show up.

razorblitz07

I'm using the Babylon Theme.  Is the Staff Mod compatible in working with the theme?  or is it only compatible to working with the default SMF theme?

TrueSatan

This mod can work in the Babylon theme but you have to manually edit it into that theme as you would with the vast majority of mods.

Please read:

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=402.msg531#msg531

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=34526.0

The following may also prove helpful:

http://modparser.dev.dansoftaustralia.net/

xiownthisplacex

Sorry about this guys,but i am new at this, where do i extract the files too? to which folder? and what do i have to do exactly? i saw the links before this post, but i did not understand what to do.. this is the folder i have my theme on /xxxx/xxxx/public_html/forum/Themes/ferrytemav2..
sorry but i do not know what to do, and sorry about bad english :s thanks in advance

TrueSatan

You don't need to extract the files at all unless you are doing a manual installation.

Begin by going to ACP>Packages>Options>

Set the "Installation options" appropriate to your hosting then use the "Change Permissions" to make all files writeable...check that it has done so via ftp and if there is a problem review and alter as needed the setttings you gave to "Installation options"

Backup both your files and database...you should do this prior to installing or uninstalling any mod or theme.

Go to ACP>Packages>Download Packages>

Either get the mod from the SMF site or upload it from your local machine...install it automatically using the package manager...details of the process will be shown when you have uploaded the mod to your forum.

xiownthisplacex

ok nice, that was easy :p thanks for your help, just another question now, where does the staff page display? i have looked in the forum for a link to it, but i cannot find it.. thanks once again

TrueSatan

If you are using the SMF default theme there will be a link for it in the main menu bar if not you will have to edit the index.template.php file for custom mods...this mod, like almost all mods, only installs into the SMF default theme...that is all it is required to do.

Please also ensure that your forum language is set to English and not English UTF8...see ACP>Server Settings.

xiownthisplacex

ok, i do have another theme and not the default, what do i need to edit on the index.template.php? something like this? echo '<li><a href="staff url here? but which url?"> Staff ' ,  '</a></li>';

tatore

Tha main informations about modifications index.template.php are in the staff.xml file, into the package.
To create a new button you find in the staff.xml file the way you may add  new button in the default theme, not in customized themes.
If you open the index.template.php of your current theme, copy and paste here any block code like this (I use Dilber Mc):
// Go to PM center... [pm]
if ($context['user']['is_logged'] && $context['allow_pm'])
echo'
<td align="center" class="menubg' , $current_action == 'pm' ? '2' : '' , '">
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=pm">' , $txt['pm_short'] , ' ', $context['user']['unread_messages'] > 0 ? '[<strong>'. $context['user']['unread_messages'] . '</strong>]' : '' , '</a>
</td>';

We can help you to add the new staff page to the header.
Any theme has it's own kind of style.
*Salvo*

Quote from: RumbaarI wont jump to conclusion, but you might be hacked?

TrueSatan

Please study the following:

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=402.msg531#msg531

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=34526.0

The following may also prove helpful:

http://modparser.dev.dansoftaustralia.net/

Mirror of the last link:

http://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html

These will give you details of the edits the mod (and other mods) make...you need to look at what is done to the SMF default theme and to try to replicate it in your custom theme.

Please note...a thorough reading of the official documentation would answer most of your questions....link at top of this page.

xiownthisplacex

Quote from: tatore on September 09, 2007, 08:35:22 AM
Tha main informations about modifications index.template.php are in the staff.xml file, into the package.
To create a new button you find in the staff.xml file the way you may add  new button in the default theme, not in customized themes.
If you open the index.template.php of your current theme, copy and paste here any block code like this (I use Dilber Mc):
echo'
<td align="center" class="menubg' , $current_action == 'pm' ? '2' : '' , '">
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=pm">' , $txt['pm_short'] , ' ', $context['user']['unread_messages'] > 0 ? '[<strong>'. $context['user']['unread_messages'] . '</strong>]' : '' , '</a>
</td>';

We can help you to add the new staff page to the header.
Any theme has it's own kind of style.

yes, this what i have on index.template.php, i have already added a button on the top to go to my tracker, these are the existing buttons:

// Show the default [home] button.
   echo   '<li><a href="', $scripturl, '">' , $txt[103] , '</a></li>';

// Show the [help] button.
   echo   '<li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=help">' , $txt[119] , '</a></li>';

// How about the [search] button?
   if ($context['allow_search'])
      echo '<li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=search">' , $txt[182] , '</a></li>';

// Is the user allowed to administrate at all? ([admin])
   if ($context['allow_admin'])
      echo   '<li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=admin">' , $txt[2] , '</a></li>';

// Edit Profile... [profile]
   if ($context['allow_edit_profile'])
      echo '<li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=profile">' , $txt[79] , '</a></li>';

echo '<li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=pm">' , $txt['pm_short'] , ' ', $context['user']['unread_messages'] > 0 ? '[<strong>'. $context['user']['unread_messages'] . '</strong>]' : '' , '</a></li>';

// The [calendar]!
   if ($context['allow_calendar'])
      echo '<li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=calendar">' , $txt['calendar24'] , '</a></li>';

// the [member] list button
   if ($context['allow_memberlist'])
      echo '<li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=mlist">' , $txt[331] , '</a></li>';

// If the user is a guest, show [login] button.
   if ($context['user']['is_guest'])
      echo '<li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=login">' , $txt[34] , '</a></li>';

// If the user is a guest, also show [register] button.
   if ($context['user']['is_guest'])
      echo '<li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=register">' , $txt[97] , '</a></li>';

//Button for tracker
echo '<li><a href="http://www.xxxxxxxxxx.info [nofollow]"> Tracker ' ,  '</a></li>';

like i had sad earlier, just like this one (Button for tracker) but i do not know which url or commando to put for it to redirect to the staff page.. i am thinking of something like echo '<li><a href="url or command to see the staff here, which what goes here?"> Staff ' ,  '</a></li>';

vbgamer45

', $scripturl, '?action=staff
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

xiownthisplacex

ok thanks this works! but only admin can see the staff list, i have searched in Members->Permissions to let other people see the staff list, but i cannot find that option there..

vbgamer45

It should be there if the mod installed completely called View Staff List
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

xiownthisplacex

ok i have found it, but nothing appears, just the check mark box! lol! thanks for all your help! great work guys!

drgnmstr

Quick question, read through most of these posts...
Is there a way to have the staff page display members that have the associated
member group assigned as a secondary group? Currently only primamry membergroups are displayed. Thanks..

(ie: I have a team member group and say a server admin group. Someone who is assigned to both groups, team member-primary & server admin-secondary, to have that person listed on the staff page under both group headings.)

vbgamer45

Nope not currently built in.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

drgnmstr

K, thanks, didn't think I saw anything...

Cadderpidder

I'm kind of new to the whole forum admin thing (kind of got dropped into having the ability to do these things).

I'd love to use this mod, but we're using a different theme. We're using the Helios_Multi theme. What would I have to edit in order to get this mod to work correctly with our mod?

Advertisement: