Staff Page Mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, May 18, 2006, 06:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cadderpidder

Thanks for the help. I need all that I can get.

Cadderpidder

Like I mentioned early in this post, I'm a total newb at this.

I'm trying to get this mod as well as a badges mod to work on our forums. When using the Package Parser, I'm assuming that 1.1.3 will work "ok" with 1.1.4? Also, do I want 'All Edits' or 'Only Theme' option?  ???

When it spits out the code for this, where do I find these files? Are they in the mod files or in the forum theme section?  ???

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm the only one from our new gaming clan who is going through the trouble of learning how to do all this coding stuff.  :(

TrueSatan

OK

The Package Parser when set to 1.1.3 will give the output you need...also set to "All Edits"

The files it tells you to edit are in your forum and it should guide you to their locations as well...it will also tell you the new files to add (from the mod package) and where they should be placed. Not all files (by a long way) will be in the theme directory.

You'll benefit greatly from the effort you're putting in to learn...it really is well worth doing.

Cadderpidder

Well, I've been working and trying to learn this - and I've taken on this mod to work with. I've found the files that I needed to add the additional code to, using the Parser, except for two. The index and index.template files. I've found them (I think) in the default forums, but we're using a different theme (see above posts). Now what do I do?

We really need a staff page listing by registration date according to user groups.

TrueSatan

If all is working as it should then when a custom theme is "missing" a file then the file of the same name in the SMF default theme will be automatically used by your forum...however sometimes this doesn't work and on those occasions you should copy the file(s) in question from the SMF default theme to each of your custom themes...so...if all is as it should be and your hosting is behaving itself you should be OK according to your last posting or you should now have what you need to fix it.

Cadderpidder

Ok, so I found and edited them, but when I did so it screwed up the look of our page. The buttons were gone and turned into bunched up text to the left of the page.

If I sent up the .php - could someone take a look at it and maybe figure out whats wrong?

vbgamer45

Attach .php file to a post here.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Cadderpidder

The first is the original. The edit is after the Parser did its work. Other than this file, everything else seemed to work ok.

Thanks for taking the time to look.

xiownthisplacex

i uploaded this mod via admin in the forum, but when i try to install, it asks for ftp login, so i put it, but it is always saying that it is incorrect, even when i go to Admin->Packages->Options->Change all file permissions throughout the forum such that: and change it to All files are writable. but it asks for login, i put it, and it doesnt work, does anyone know why? thanks.

TrueSatan

The very high probability is that you are putting in incorrect details for your ftp account.

xiownthisplacex

lol, im not, i think i know how to put my correct info :p

TrueSatan

Have you checked to see that you are taking into account that the forum may not be in the publichtml root of your hosting and thus the details may not be quite as obvious as you infer.

Chopper

I get this error when trying to access the staff list:

"Unable to load the 'Staff' template."

TrueSatan

Please make a manual check to see that all the files this mod seeks to add and all the edits it seeks to make are in place and, in particular, check to see that Staff.template.php is in place and is not of 0k in size...if it is please upload a new copy from the mod package.

Chopper

Quote from: TrueSatan on November 28, 2007, 06:00:15 PM
check to see that Staff.template.php is in place

Thank you kind sir

TrueSatan

eleven0

I have a problem with this mod. I installed it, and it automatically put some groups in staff page. So i went to conf. page and removed them all. Now, when i add a group. It won't show up in staff list. Does it has to be their primary group?

TrueSatan

The mod won't show secondary groups or post count groups.

Krysia

I found out something rather strange tonight.

If I include a modifications.english.php file in the languages directory in my custom theme folder, the text for "Staff Configuration" in the Admin panel shows up in the left-hand menu.

However, it then deletes the text from some of the permissions and layout & options panels.

If I remove the modifications.english.php file from the custom language directory and only use the one in the main languages directory, then I have all the other text needed for the board, but not the Staff configuration text in the Admin panel menu.

I tried compromising by having ONLY the staff configuration in the custom directory, and the rest in the main, but that then puts the staff configuration text back, but removes the others.

Is there a way to get around this?

Thank you.

TrueSatan

You will  need to go through the mod creating new copies of all the theme files it uses and adding them to your custom theme:

Staff.template.php
Staff.english.php
Staff.english-utf8.php

You will need to work on any existing Who.english.php, index.template.php in your custom theme to add the edits the mod uses and if there are no such files may need to copy them in from your SMF default theme (your forum should use the files from the default theme if no files of the same names are in your custom theme but on some hosting it may be necessary to copy them to your custom theme.)

Advertisement: