News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Staff Page Mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, May 18, 2006, 06:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cadderpidder

Those files do exist.  Just having no luck bringing it up...*puzzled look* *breaks down into tears*

ccbtimewiz

Any errors in the error log?

Cadderpidder

This is there a few times which would relate to the staff page.

Error message '8: Undefined index: smfstaff_admin
File: /mnt/w0305/d42/s08/b0220764/www/xxxtremegamers.ca/forum/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2779'

ccbtimewiz

Ew... x.x

Try reinstalling the modification. If any errors come up when trying to install, post them here.

Cadderpidder

It comes up with the standard installation information...no errors. Here's what it did.

Installing this package will perform the following actions:
   Type    Action    Description
1.    Execute Modification    /mnt/w0005/d42/s08/b0220764/www/xxxtremegamers.ca/forum/Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
2.    Execute Modification    /mnt/w0005/d42/s08/b0220764/www/xxxtremegamers.ca/forum/Themes/default/languages/Who.english.php    Test successful
3.    Execute Modification    ./index.php    Test successful
4.    Execute Modification    /mnt/w0005/d42/s08/b0220764/www/xxxtremegamers.ca/forum/Themes/default/index.template.php    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test successful
6.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test successful
7.    Extract File    ./Sources/Staff.php    
8.    Extract File    /mnt/w0005/d42/s08/b0220764/www/xxxtremegamers.ca/forum/Themes/default/Staff.template.php    
9.    Extract File    /mnt/w0005/d42/s08/b0220764/www/xxxtremegamers.ca/forum/Themes/default/languages/Staff.english.php    
10.    Extract File    /mnt/w0005/d42/s08/b0220764/www/xxxtremegamers.ca/forum/Themes/default/languages/Staff.english-utf8.php    
11.    Execute Code    staffsql.php

After that it said it was installed correctly and then redirected me to the setup page.

ccbtimewiz

It still doesn't work even though you have the correct edits?

The only other answer I can think of would be the server environment. Let vbgamer help you. I have no clue. =T

Cadderpidder

Ok, thanks for trying ccbtimewiz.

We're using Netfirms for our server - for anyone else who thinks they can help.

Burke ♞ Knight

For those who use this great mod with custom themes, you will need to make images. I had made an image for this theme:

Cerberus design by Bloc

vbgamer45

Thanks for the image!
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Burke ♞ Knight

Not a problem... :)
One of the first images I tried to make that actually came out 1/2 way decent...LOL
(Yes, I fully admit, image making and I don't usually get along...LOL)

F4r4Zm0In

I tried installing this mod manually after getting "Test Failed" error in ./Themes/reddarkness/index.template.php
as i am using Reddarkness as my default theme for smf 1.1.5
but, when i tried editing
./Themes/reddarkness/index.template.php manually, i failed to find this code in index.template.php file
$current_action = 'admin'; if (in_array($context['current_action'], array(
Any help will be appriciated
Thanks & Regards
F4r4Zm0In

---------------------
Not Just Another Forum
---------------------

pp08

what does this mod exactly do i dont really undersatnd can anyone tell me pls

Bigguy

It adds a staff page to your forum so people will know who is on your staff.

pp08

wow thats really cool i am going to try installing it now

pp08

:( it installed fine and in the admin side i saw which clubs to add as staff then i hit save but from the user side i dont see any buttons or anything to show the staff members.

i am using smf 1.1.5 and i am using theme "fire" designed by Tamuril and this is the link to her theme if you need it
http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=689

can you tell me if i need to edit something on the theme to make it show thanks

Bigguy

You would have to add the tab or button to your themes index.template.php file.

pp08

how do i add the tab? i am sorry i am not that good at these things can you tell me what to add where pls thanks

Bigguy

What theme are you using. ???

TW1ST3D

Where (in which file) do I add the .gif  file for the button? I've tried different Image files and I can't get the button to show. The Text is there though. I'm using Babylon theme
Running 2.0 Gold.......SMF Rocks!!

Bigguy

Right click on one of the other buttons and go to properties in the menu that pops up and it should give you a path to where the image is for that button. THat will tell you were the .gif should go that you are trying to place.

Advertisement: