News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Staff Page Mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, May 18, 2006, 06:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pp08

ok i changed it and the template loaded this time no error but the "staff" and "banllist" button are still at the top by the home and help buttons not at the bottom left of page.

ccbtimewiz

They should be. Link to your forum?

pp08

the staff button was suppose to open to a page where staff is listed and banlist button was to open a page with all the banlist and as a favor which i am very thankful for... you made the buttons links for me. but the links were at the top with the home help and sarch then i had said that the author of the theme i am using has espicial buttons and i can not make something like that so i asked you if we can put the staff and banlist links on the bottom of the page... then you asked back where copyright... i then uploaded an image it should be somewhere on the bottom left side doesnt metter really exactly where as long as they are just by themself on the bottom of the page like this Staff ~ BanList

ccbtimewiz

Very long run-on sentence. x.x

I assure you I put the edits in the right place. Can you please show me your forum?

CesarManara

How i make for this mod work on Brazilian forum?
when a i put the lenguage as Portuguese Brazilias, the mode do not work.
What i have to do for mods work in Portuguese Brazilian?

ccbtimewiz

I don't believe this modification has been translated. If you wish it, I can translate it to true Portuguese.

CesarManara

I don't now if translate is the solution, becouse when i add this mod in my forum, with the forum in english function, but when i put the forum in portuguese, the buttom Staff List, desapear, i whant to now how to make for the mod function with the forum in portuguese language, the mod can stay in english, but i want that the buttom apears normally, how i make this?

vbgamer45

Check the other topic that you made for the other mod I posted what you should do.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

M@nNiak

Hi, I have installed the Staff Page Mod and I did it manually, everything is right but i have a problem in this step

./Themes/default/index.template.php

Find: [Select]
$current_action = 'admin'; if (in_array($context['current_action'], array(

Add After: [Select]
'staff',

on default theme everything goes OK but i can't find this code in the theme that i´m using.
I use the theme Dark Fantasy and SMF version 1.1.5.
I don't find where i can insert this code in my theme index.template.php, and that causes a visual issue like this

, so if you can help me with this issue, I want that the letters saying "Staff List" looks equally to others, thanks in advance   :)

vbgamer45

Compare the code to your other buttons and look to see how they other ones are defined it is different for each custom theme.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Manu.G

Hi,

we are using this mods for a long time and we are happy to have it.
Today we moved the button "Staff List" out of the link list from the top of the forum to the bottom, cause our Linklist was running out of space.

Now we got the idea to show the staff list in a new window, but without the links. What have I to do to realize it?

Thanks in advance for your help. :)
Version SMF 2.0.8
SimplePortal 2.3.5

ccbtimewiz

Quote from: Manu0372 on August 23, 2008, 02:09:04 PM
Hi,

Today we moved the button "Staff List" out of the link list from the top of the forum to the bottom, cause our Linklist was running out of space.

Now we got the idea to show the staff list in a new window, but without the links. What have I to do to realize it?

You could try using the target="_blank" attribute.

Manu.G

Quote from: ccbtimewiz on August 23, 2008, 02:11:03 PM
Quote from: Manu0372 on August 23, 2008, 02:09:04 PM
Hi,

You could try using the target="_blank" attribute.

Ok, but the main links at the top of the forum will be there too, but I want to show the "Staff List"
without any links like "Home -  Help - Search and so on"

In the photo I removed the Links at the top
Version SMF 2.0.8
SimplePortal 2.3.5

Yigal

Hello,
I need help.
My staff list is not looking to good..

Is there a way..that you could give me the right codes, or give me a new file to make the staff look a bit more like this?

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/7292/staffzq7.jpg
Yigal V.
Contact me by PM

do yourself a favour and not annoy support helpers by spamming or messaging for support
1.x Support | 2.x Support | 5Mods

ccbtimewiz

Quote from: Yigal_2 on August 28, 2008, 03:24:11 AM
Hello,
I need help.
My staff list is not looking to good..

Is there a way..that you could give me the right codes, or give me a new file to make the staff look a bit more like this?

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/7292/staffzq7.jpg

That looks like a custom built staff page; not this mod. Mainly because it shows online/offline and it shows more than 1 position. It would take heavy editing.

Likewise-- the action is different.

Bugpac ™

Im trying to unistall but am having problems...

4.     Execute Modification     ./Themes/default/index.template.php     Test failed
5.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php            Test failed
6.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs.php                                    Test failed

genieuk

Hi,

I have installed this mod and have one slight niggle,

My theme uses a drop down menu and i wanted to add a link to the "Home" drop down menu.

I done this below, the link is there but no text shows on the drop down menu

Find:
$current_action = 'admin'; if (in_array($context['current_action'], array(

Add:
'staff',

That part above done without trouble.

Now this bit it where i must be dooing something wrong

I added this bit to drop down menu, as i said its linked to the staff page but no text shows for the link?

if ($context['allow_view_stafflist'])
      echo'
             <li><a href="index.php?action=staff">' , $txt['smfstaff_stafflist'] , '</a></li>

Thanks
Mat

IMAGE ATTACHED:

The Saviour

You have four posts in a row pertaining to the same subject...and have absolutely no patience, at all.

Then you wonder why no one wants to help you.

Why don't you delete the three previous posts...then wait for someone to get back to you.

These people have other lives, you know...and do this as a service for you.  I'm sure someone will get back to you...eventually.  You just have to show a little patience.  It hasn't been that long.

Also...why not talk to the developers of your theme and ask them why your link is not showing up.  It is their theme, you know...

genieuk

I have taken your advice on board.

Reason why is becasue i posted my first request for help on the 07/10/2008 which is two days and i think that is patient.

I only replied so i could bump it up so it can be seen as not many people goes after page on a board and it may get missed.

Well i don't think it the theme but some bit of code that i am missing as as link shows as shown in image and i can click on it and it take me to staff page but the text does not show that all it is.

I did not mean to irritate or upset anyone, sorry for that.

Thanks Mathew

genieuk

SOLVED!

Thank you JCS!  :D , Appreciate your time and effort and all is good now, Cheers! ;)

Kindest Regards,
Mathew

Advertisement: