Staff Page Mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, May 18, 2006, 06:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

It is an issue with mod_security
www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=34270
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

venex

Hi vbgamer45,

congratulations... this is a great MOD. I just installed it on my forum and it works perfectly. But, I found two things that I didn't like a lot.

First, when I put the local mods with the forums that they moderate, the page got mess up because in my forum there is one person for 8 forums, something like that, so if there are 2 people in the page there's going to be 16 forums and you can't tell who's moderating which forum. Here is a screenshoot:

I know there is a little space between each person but, can you put it better? A line or a different color?

The other thing is that there is one person in my forum that is Gmod but she has the user group "hide". Nobody knows that she is still Gmod but she has all the powers. Look:

So, since her member group is hided, she shouldn't appear in the Staff Page but she does. How can I fix that?

PS1: Sorry for my bad English lol... as you can see I'm Spanish.
PS2: I also translate you mod to Spanish, if you want it, tell me which files you want.

Thanks

b0dyr0ck2006

Quote from: SgtMic on December 30, 2008, 07:49:34 PM
Quote from: CPOMorty on December 30, 2008, 04:42:10 PM
This is a really nice addition, however I can only get it to display for the Administrator.  Any other user or moderator who logs on cannot see it.  I am running a fresh install of 1.1.7.

Thanks,

Murray

If I remember correctly CPO, you need to set the permissions in Admin CP.

Great mod!

I installed this on 1.1.8 fine.

Set-up the mod fine.

Selected the permissions.

Seem to be having the same problem as above, only admins can see the link. I'm using Dilber theme.

Any suggestions?
Why don't you check out my site: www.swapsiesuk.co.uk

Why Shop when you can Swap?!

b0dyr0ck2006

Why don't you check out my site: www.swapsiesuk.co.uk

Why Shop when you can Swap?!

TheListener

I managed to install the staff tab with no problems or errors.

However it isn't showing in the tab nor is it showing as a link in the Configuration box.

What should I be doing?

PatternInChaos

I had the same problem. Fixed it with this:
Move the included file "Staff.english-utf8.php" to "./Themes/default/languages".

I didn't move it at first because I didn't have any other utf8 files in there, so I thought I just needed 'Staff.english.php'

Well other than that I can just advise you to go through the mod instructions again. Another possible reason: look what theme you're using and if there's a file in there that needs modifications (maybe the instructions tell you to edit a default theme file when your theme includes this file, too. So you need to edit your custom theme file)

I hope that was comprehensible, english is not my mothertongue ^^

Chit-Chat ChatterBox Boss

For this part

Groups to add on Staff Page:
Designer Add Group
Site Police Add Group
Webmaster Add Group

How can I manually add them? Reason being that my host allows max 755 chmod and it apears that this needs at least 775 to add it to the database. So can you give me directions of how to manually add the parts in the quote please.
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

Our site is open to everyone. It is a resource for anyone and everyone to talk about anything and everything you could possibly think of. It's a great place to come and talk, ask questions, or just simply hang out. We offer many great features. All we ask is that you follow by the site rules. Hope to see you around!
www.chitchatchatterbox.com
Remember in the "Referral" box to put "Caleb" while registering.

vbgamer45

Manually install the mod? Or manually add groups?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

manually add the groups cause the list I showed 2 posts up is the list that has the check boxes next to it but my host blocks any 775 or 777 chmod work. so I have to know how to manually add them
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

Our site is open to everyone. It is a resource for anyone and everyone to talk about anything and everything you could possibly think of. It's a great place to come and talk, ask questions, or just simply hang out. We offer many great features. All we ask is that you follow by the site rules. Hope to see you around!

vbgamer45

If the mod is already installed you can just add people to the staff page. For the manual install instructions refer to the install page.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

yes the list of the mombergroups u can normally click the check boxes and hit save but i get a 501 error cause my host blocks any 775 or 777 chmod edits. so I need to manually go to the database and add those membergroups and I was asking how to do so.
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

vbgamer45

Quote from: cafontaine on April 29, 2009, 08:28:44 PM
yes the list of the mombergroups u can normally click the check boxes and hit save but i get a 501 error cause my host blocks any 775 or 777 chmod edits. so I need to manually go to the database and add those membergroups and I was asking how to do so.
I have fix for you!

Please redownload the latest version of the Staff modification. Just released an update to fix your issue with mod_security

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Worked GREAT! 

Off topic towards vbgamer45:
That fix you just did, I have a problem with a few other mods like the SMF Shop mod. I have to add items to the shop through the database cause of the same problem. Any way I can get some tips on how to correct that mod_settings problem like you just did so maybe I can fix them?
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

vbgamer45

Check out this post

If that does not work I can give code that you can change.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

I put that code in my .htaccess but my site still loads but it didnt stop the error blocking message for the mod_settings.

I also noticed 2 errors now in my error log:

Think this 1 has to do with the staff mod:

http://XXXXXXX/index.php?action=admin;area=staff;sa=adminset;d0f5b2190=4a590ddbf7e9ebd86a2624558fcb8674 
8: Undefined index: description
File: /home/XXXXXXX/public_html/cache/lang_Staff_english_default.php (generic_menu_dropdown_above sub template - eval?)
Line: 278 

This one has to do with usercp I think, so it has nothing to do on your end (i think):
http://XXXXXXXX/index.php?action=helpadmin;help=titlesEnable 
8: Undefined index: usercp
File: /home/XXXXXXXXX/public_html/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 3815 

EDIT:
I just cleared the site cache and so far no error msg returned. Let me know if you think this fixed it. If not and you know whats causing it let me know.
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

Eclipse16V

I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 30, 2009, 12:04:43 AM
Check out this post

If that does not work I can give code that you can change.

What is the code I can change?
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

vbgamer45

You can only up the source files and template files of the mods that you install and
do the following
Find

;id=

Replace all with

&id=

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Sweet, I will do that, what files is that code typically in?
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: