Staff Page Mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, May 18, 2006, 06:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

((Kakashi))

Maybe I've missed it, but I can't find where the code is setting the menu button image. I've created a link to the AWESOME staff page at the bottom next to the members list in the Info Center in the modified yaBB 2.0 theme we are working with. The text "Staff List" is showing up between the Calendar and Log Out menu buttons. Obviously the gif is not where is suppose to be (not sure if you made a yaBB gif), so I'd either like to make a yaBB style button and put it where the mod is looking for it or remove it altogether, but.....I'm barely figuring out the new way that the theme interacts with Curve.

I'm using 2.0 RC2. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance  :D

vbgamer45

The menu code is found in the index.template.php of the theme

To add a button copy it to themes/yourthemes/images/english/
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

BCK

will this work in 1.1.11 and can it be installed thru admin as some others or does it have to be manually installed for themes???thx in advance

vbgamer45

Works with 1.1.x other themes for 1.1.x requires small edit to index.template.php
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

BCK

thanks for the quick reply..much appriciated...thx again

hafizadam

how to change command http://edit.yahoo.com/config/send_webmesg?.target=yahoousername to ymsgr:sendIM?yahoousername for the Contact Information?

vbgamer45

That you would have to edit the SMF source I believe or look inside Staff.template.php if you just want to change that page.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

NoobDeveloper

Good Mod and works perfect with SMF 1.1.11.

however i tried to install it on SMF 2.0 RC2 and got error. i am using default theme.

Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

check screen shot.

vbgamer45

Looks like you had another mod modify the same area but changed those two lines that the Staff page is looking for.... You would need to add the Staff code manually to that one file.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

NoobDeveloper

thanks.  and your mods are also awesome vbgamer45.

off-topic :
How about making a mod which will give PDF file or XML file as output having all topics with its data in it for particular member ?
My forum is where people post their poems. Now there are some who have posted more than 200 poems of their own. they are using my forum to post their poems so that they can get it all at one place.

now they what that all the pomes they posted i,e all topics with its 1st post ( actual poem not comments) in PDF format. is this possible ? 

vbgamer45

PDF would be really tricky requires either a php extension or a php library to export to pdf which would be a lot code.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

NoobDeveloper

hmmm XML will do. I am a .net developer loving open source and SMF and hence I will convert this XML to PDF from my .net code.   i think XML is possible with out any issues.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

luuuciano

Hi!
Stupid question... how are sorted the staff members?

First I thought it was the user id? but then I checked it and member ids are unsorted...

there is any way to sort them by username?
(alphabetically)
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

tragidy

Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 18, 2006, 06:53:57 PM

Works for SMF 2.0.x, 1.1.x and 1.0.x

Great mod absolutely love it, has anyone created a block code to work in EZportal or any of the others?
Open source Matters, the GNU GPL License is one of the most valuable text ever created by mankind.
Support all open source projects when possible as their concepts are paving the future. ~ tragidy

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

tragidy

Something like

name
rank

perhaps have within the php a var to control how many staff members are pulled, seems like a nice idea to compliment ezportal and this module.
Open source Matters, the GNU GPL License is one of the most valuable text ever created by mankind.
Support all open source projects when possible as their concepts are paving the future. ~ tragidy

Apllicmz

dont forget portuguese

<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.portuguese_pt.php" error="skip">
    <operation error="ignore">
        <search position="after"><![CDATA[
?>]]></search>
        <add><![CDATA[
// Begin SMF Staff Page Text Strings
$txt['smfstaff_stafflist'] = 'Lista do Funcion&aacute;rios';
$txt['smfstaff_admin'] = 'Configuração dos Funcion&aacute;rios';

$txt['permissionname_view_stafflist'] = 'Ver Lista dos Funcion&aacute;rios';
$txt['permissionhelp_view_stafflist'] = 'Staff List mostra todos os membros de sua equipe. Você pode alterar qual membro grupos são mostrados indo para layout e Opções e procure SMF Funcion&aacute;rios filtro. Esta autorização permite que você alterne quem pode ver a lista de funcion&aacute;rios.';
$txt['cannot_view_stafflist'] = 'Você não pode ver a lista de funcion&aacute;rios.';
]]></add>
    </operation>
</file>

<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.portuguese_pt-utf8.php" error="skip">
?>]]></search>
        <add><![CDATA[
$txt['smfstaff_stafflist'] = 'Lista do Funcion&aacute;rios';
$txt['smfstaff_admin'] = 'Configuração dos Funcion&aacute;rios';

$txt['permissionname_view_stafflist'] = 'Ver Lista dos Funcion&aacute;rios';
$txt['permissionhelp_view_stafflist'] = 'Staff List mostra todos os membros de sua equipe. Você pode alterar qual membro grupos são mostrados indo para layout e Opções e procure SMF Funcion&aacute;rios filtro. Esta autorização permite que você alterne quem pode ver a lista de funcion&aacute;rios.';
$txt['cannot_view_stafflist'] = 'Você não pode ver a lista de funcion&aacute;rios.';
]]></add>
    </operation>
</file>

<file name="$languagedir/Who.portuguese_pt.php" error="skip">
?>]]></search>
        <add><![CDATA[
$txt['whoall_staff'] = 'Vendo a Página dos <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=staff">Funcion&aacute;rios</a>';
// END SMF Staff Page Text Strings           
]]></add>
    </operation>
</file>

<file name="$languagedir/Who.portuguese_pt-utf8.php" error="skip">
?>]]></search>
        <add><![CDATA[
$txt['whoall_staff'] = 'Vendo a Página dos <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=staff">Funcion&aacute;rios</a>';
// END SMF Staff Page Text Strings           
]]></add>
    </operation>
</file>

Advertisement: