News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Staff Page Mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, May 18, 2006, 06:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onijin

You're a monster, dude... Thanx~!

hmmm~

local mods are still coming up blank on email...

hmmm~

I'm looking at the table for moderators, and I dont see anything about email.  Just an ID and BOARD

Skipdawg

I think I'll hold off and see where you are with this on Monday. All this updating the Mods may break my test forum. LOL  8) :D ;D

Looking very good  ;)
Skipdawg's Community

Powered by SMF 1.1.3

onijin

O.o

You don't need to uninstall/reinstall this mod.  Just replace the staff.template.php file because that's all that's being updated.

Skipdawg

Not quite sure I follow there. Only install that Staff.template.php via the package manager?

I'd never heard of only installing part of the package before?

Or do you upload it via ftp alone?
Skipdawg's Community

Powered by SMF 1.1.3

vbgamer45

While you could upload the file that has been updated to its proper location.
I still advise you to use the package manager to unistall and reinstall the mod.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Skipdawg

Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 20, 2006, 11:41:49 PM
While you could upload the file that has been updated to its proper location.
I still advise you to use the package manager to unistall and reinstall the mod.

Yea I think I'll stay with that. Only been messing with SMF a year but have never heard of partial installs like that.  ::)
Skipdawg's Community

Powered by SMF 1.1.3

onijin

Quote from: Skipdawg on May 20, 2006, 11:32:50 PM
Not quite sure I follow there. Only install that Staff.template.php via the package manager?

I'd never heard of only installing part of the package before?

Or do you upload it via ftp alone?

I do it by ftp alone replacing that one file... But maybe just stick with the uninstall/reinstall.

so any luck with the localmod email?  not a big issue, but sweet to have.

woden

I don't want the stafflist button to show unless the person has permission to see it, so I tried this:

// the [staff list] button
if ($context['allow_veiw_stafflist'])
echo ($current_action == 'staff' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
<td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'staff' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=staff">' , $txt['smfstaff_stafflist']  , '</a>
</td>' , $current_action == 'staff' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '';

But it doesn't work, I can use view_memberlist and it does work

Also -
QuoteYou can change which member groups are shown by going to Staff List settings.

where is the Staff List settings?

vbgamer45

I will add the hide staff list button on the next update.
Settings to toggle which groups will be shown will take a while.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

vbgamer45

Version 1.2 released.

The "Staff List" tab will no longer appear if they do not have permission to view the staff list.

You can filter out the groups by going to "Edit Feature and Options" then Layout and Options and enter the group names that you wish to be filtered seperated by a comma under SMF Staff.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

woden

Worked perfectly  :D

Thanks!

Skipdawg

Great job with this mod. Pats on the back!  ;D ;)
Skipdawg's Community