News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Staff Page Mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, May 18, 2006, 06:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

I think I fixed all log errors in the SMF 1.1 RC2 version now.
Except for one at Undefined index: 2
File: forums\Themes\default\Staff.template.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 127

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

onijin

You've been a madman with the fixes and updates, so perhaps I'm running an out dated one.

I'll try updating and see if it fixes that.

Thanks~!

onijin

Complete successful uninstall, with a complete successful reinstall of the package, still results in the error log.

Not a big issue.  Just everytime it's viewed, each member generates 5 errors.  Perhaps one of my other mods is interfering with this.

Skipdawg

Quote from: RBH on June 06, 2006, 08:39:46 AM
Quote from: ladyshanae on May 25, 2006, 07:33:27 AM
The modification itself works fine, but when I look in my error log, I get this error:

Quotehttp://mysiteinfo?action=staff
8: Undefined index: staff_filter
File: mysiteinfo/Staff.template.php (eval?)
Line: 13

I'm on a fresh install of 1.1RC2.

Edit:  Ok, I figured out I get this message if I do not add a filter of any kind in the Edit Feature and Options area in the admin panel.  So I'm not sure if you want to fix this or not - up to you :D  Thanks for a groovy mod!

i too was getting pages and pages of errors until i went in and added a group in the filter box suggested in this post. i happen to have other groups other then moderator, global moderator, and administrator so i just added the other two groups seperated by comas and i have not had one error since. go to features and options, layout and options and scroll to the bottom to see filter box.

Yea I saw that but not any help if you don't have anything to add to the filter. And you should not have to make a new group just to fix it.
Skipdawg's Community

Powered by SMF 1.1.3

sbclansite.com

Hmm this mod works great it even shows the extra membergroups i add fine :)

http://www.forums.sbclansite.com/index.php?action=staff << even the filter works properly :)
The Mod , Modifier :). For Mods/Scripts/GameServer Installations contact me via http://www.forums.sbclansite.com <<Free Image hosting, Free WebHosting and Free Featured Listing available also.
Webhosting @ 1.55$ : http://www.a1whs.com
Free Seo Friendly Directory : http://www.sbclansite.com

RoarinRow

Very cool mod, thank you!   8)

SMF 2.0
TP 1.0 RC1.1
Wordpress 3.1.3

DemonicInfluence

cotdagoo

awesome mod, been wanting a feature like this for a while

few questions though.. I've got the visual warning mod installed, and my warned usergroup shows up, as well as groups that aren't listed in the config. Currently the only groups I've got in the form are Administrators, Moderator - but it shows a 'cast member' group as well as the warning group I've got.. is there any easy way to fix this, or do I need to start digging in the code?

vbgamer45

For the SMF 1.1 RC2 version there is a filter under features and options then layout options tab. There you have to enter in the exact group name in that box that you wish to filter from the list.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

cotdagoo

doh.. stupid me.. for some reason I was sure the box was to hold names you wanted on the list, not the other way around.

thanks for the easy heads up! :)

sy278

Quote from: Skipdawg on June 06, 2006, 12:38:58 PM
Quote from: RBH on June 06, 2006, 08:39:46 AM
Quote from: ladyshanae on May 25, 2006, 07:33:27 AM
The modification itself works fine, but when I look in my error log, I get this error:

Quotehttp://mysiteinfo?action=staff
8: Undefined index: staff_filter
File: mysiteinfo/Staff.template.php (eval?)
Line: 13

I'm on a fresh install of 1.1RC2.

Edit:  Ok, I figured out I get this message if I do not add a filter of any kind in the Edit Feature and Options area in the admin panel.  So I'm not sure if you want to fix this or not - up to you :D  Thanks for a groovy mod!

i too was getting pages and pages of errors until i went in and added a group in the filter box suggested in this post. i happen to have other groups other then moderator, global moderator, and administrator so i just added the other two groups seperated by comas and i have not had one error since. go to features and options, layout and options and scroll to the bottom to see filter box.

Yea I saw that but not any help if you don't have anything to add to the filter. And you should not have to make a new group just to fix it.

Cool that worked I just added the Newbie group to the filter and errors stopped.

vbgamer45

Finally have an update for the SMF 1.0.7 it was acutally pretty easy I really didn't have to change much.

Updated the SMF 1.0.7 release
Fixed unistall mod.
Added permissions for staff list.
Updated the layout looks nicer now.
Account names are colored depending on their group color.
Added Staff List group filter under Layout and Options
Staff list button won't show if they don't have permission to view the list.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Bigguy

Anyway to get rid of these:

QuoteUndefined index: MSN
File: /home/****/public_html/smf/Themes/hiha11rc2/Staff.template.php (eval?)
Line: 156

There there for YIM, ICQ, AIM...

vbgamer45

Yeah those should have been fixed in the last SMF 1.1 RC2 update

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Bigguy

hmm, maybe I have an outdated version. Are the changes that were made easy to do manually or do I have to reinstall the mod. ???

carola0102

This is a very nice mod! I used this mod before with default theme but now I'm using chatbubbles theme.. how to make this mod visible after installing it? Should I edit only the BoardIndex.template.php? And what exactly should I edit? I read the guidelines on this forum. But still I couldnt make it  Can anyone please help?

Thanks in advance,
Carola

vbgamer45

The only file you need to edit is index.template.php of the custom theme that you are using.
I look at the menu function of that theme and just copy the code from one of the buttons and change the action to staff and the image to the image you want to use.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

carola0102

Quote from: vbgamer45 on June 25, 2006, 11:56:36 AM
The only file you need to edit is index.template.php of the custom theme that you are using.
I look at the menu function of that theme and just copy the code from one of the buttons and change the action to staff and the image to the image you want to use.

Thanks a lot for your reply vbgamer! it works now :)

Bigguy

I`m still getting these errors.

Quote from: Bigguy on June 21, 2006, 04:44:13 PM
Anyway to get rid of these:

QuoteUndefined index: MSN
File: /home/****/public_html/smf/Themes/hiha11rc2/Staff.template.php (eval?)
Line: 156

There there for YIM, ICQ, AIM...

vbgamer45

When did you last download it? I haven't got those errors in a while. The only warning that you still get is undefined index on line 127.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: