News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Staff Page Mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, May 18, 2006, 06:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dazzler

good evening... just to let you know there is still a problem.. tthis displays and works correctly i am getting lots of forum errors in my log everytime somebody veiws the staff page

Daz

SMF 1.1.3 + TP .983 + Copperminie

ladyshanae

Two problems from my end:

1 - When I set a list of groups to filter out of the Staff List, it removes the first one, but the rest stay.

2 - The following error generates a gazillion times when I view the staff page once:
Quotehttp://**mysiteinfo**index.php?action=staff
8: Undefined index: 58
File: /**mysiteinfo**Themes/default/Staff.template.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 127

Any fixes?  I'd love to get this working soon :)  Thanks!

Edit:  Forgot to mention that I am using 1.1 RC2

vbgamer45

1.  Each group needs to be be the exact name lets say you have a group called Sponsors and another group called Helpers and you wanted to filter both groups from the staff list.
You would enter for the staff filter code Sponsors,Helpers
You need to type it exactly it is case sensitive.

2. Not sure how to fix #2
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

ladyshanae

Ok, the first problem is fixed :)  I was putting a space after the comma!  Whoops!

The second problem, though . . . the page generates 14 similar errors (with a different Undefined index #) each time the page is viewed.  Is this an error everyone is getting, or is it just me?

Line 127 looks like this:

Quote$bmods[$row3['ID_MEMBER']] .= '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?board=' . $row3['ID_BOARD'] . '">' . $row3['name']  . '</a><br />';

Edit:

And now I have a new error showing up:

Quote8: Undefined index: allow_view_stafflist
File: **mysiteinfo**/Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php (main_above sub template - eval?)
Line: 601

I have 4 groups set to be able to view the page, all the rest can not.  The person who generated this error does have permission to view it.  Even more bizarre is the fact that there is no line 601 in that file.

vbgamer45

Redownload the package. I think I fixed the offset error being logged.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

ladyshanae

Yay :D  That got rid of my Line 27 issues.  :D :D :D

My problem is now the fact that SOME people are generating the link 601 error and some people aren't and I have no idea how to figure out why lol

Would not having the staff link at the top of the forum yet make any difference?

http://**mysite**/index.php
8: Undefined index: allow_view_stafflist
File: **mysite**/Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php (main_above sub template - eval?)

http://**mysite**index.php?action=unread
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined index: allow_view_stafflist
File: **mysite**/Themes/default/Recent.template.php (main_above sub template - eval?)

It seems to happen to certain users no matter what they do on the board.

uberjon

is it possible to have like a feature area in admin cp where you can choose special groops to be added to this.

like for my forum i have
Forum Administrator*
Global Moderator*
Moderator*
Clan Admin*
Admin Assistant*
Ambassador
Sab Squad Member
Woc Spammers

those are all my groups.

the ones with * i would like to have on the staff page does it have that option? if not can u make it?

if it does have that option then. well well done :D nice mod ;) and congrats ;)

edit when i try and install it i get the following errors.

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member UberGold    Today at 10:35:00 PM
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address 72.72.219.87      Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session 5b3e0b3e11b09eb6d6408c71c4cb6b31
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL http://www.warlordsofchaos.org/index.php?action=packages;sa=install2;package=Staff.zip
512: parseModification(): The filename 'Themes/default/index.template.php' is not a full path!
File: /home/uberjon/public_html/warlordsofchaos-org/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 1329

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member UberGold    Today at 10:34:37 PM
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address 72.72.219.87      Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session 5b3e0b3e11b09eb6d6408c71c4cb6b31
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL http://www.warlordsofchaos.org/index.php?action=packages;sa=install;package=Staff.zip
512: parseModification(): The filename 'Themes/default/index.template.php' is not a full path!
File: /home/uberjon/public_html/warlordsofchaos-org/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 1329

;)

mods i have installed are.

Mod Name     Version     
1.    SMF 1.0.7 / 1.1 RC2 Update    1.0    [ Uninstall ]
2.    Membergroup Color Legend    1.1    [ Uninstall ]
3.    Users Online Today Mod    1.3.1    [ Uninstall ]
4.    PJIRC Integrated Chat Mod    2.0    [ Uninstall ]
5.    Karma Description Mod    1.9.7    [ Uninstall ]
6.    Custom Action Mod    2.0    [ Uninstall ]
7.    Custom Profile Field Mod    3.11    [ Uninstall ]
8.    TinyPortal    0.86    [ Uninstall ]
9.    Sticky First Post (extends sticky topic)    1.2.2    [ Uninstall ]
10.    Global Headers Footers    1.0    [ Uninstall ]
11.    Member Color Link    1.87    [ Uninstall ]

^_^ can u help?

PrizeLive.com

Admin >> Features and Options >> Layout and Options >>

SMF Staff - Filter groups on staff page. (seperate each group name by a comma.)

Enter in the groups that you don't want to have shown.
Get Paid Instantly via PayPal (or other options) at PrizeLive.com!

uberjon

ok so i look like a fool now :(

um. but wouldnt it make sense to have its own tab instead of under layout like other mods?

i looked but couldnt find where the options was :P

btw it seems to work great even with my mods now :D no errors even :D

now i just got to remember how to remove tabs from the forum--logout bar :P as i want the button elsewhere :P

vbgamer45

Quote from: uberjon on July 16, 2006, 10:49:10 PM
ok so i look like a fool now :(

um. but wouldnt it make sense to have its own tab instead of under layout like other mods?

i looked but couldnt find where the options was :P

btw it seems to work great even with my mods now :D no errors even :D

now i just got to remember how to remove tabs from the forum--logout bar :P as i want the button elsewhere :P
I really didn't want to fill up that page with extra tab just for one option for the staff page.

To edit menu links look in index.template.php and the menu function

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

mforum

Very good modification  :)
A small problem is when you have more than one Moderator for the same board or a lot of boards with moderators, stuff page fills with same boards over and over makes it look terrible    :(
Can i do something to avoid listing of moderated rooms at least?  ???

PrizeLive.com

Quote from: mforum on July 17, 2006, 12:59:13 PM
Very good modification  :)
A small problem is when you have more than one Moderator for the same board or a lot of boards with moderators, stuff page fills with same boards over and over makes it look terrible    :(
Can i do something to avoid listing of moderated rooms at least?  ???

Admin >> Features and Options >> Layout and Options >>

SMF Staff - Filter groups on staff page. (seperate each group name by a comma.)

Enter in the group names that you don't want to have shown.
Get Paid Instantly via PayPal (or other options) at PrizeLive.com!

mforum

I know that, but don`t work for Moderators  :-\

mforum

It would look much better if there were separators in Local Moderators part of staff page  :-\

vbgamer45

Quote from: mforum on July 21, 2006, 03:06:39 PM
It would look much better if there were separators in Local Moderators part of staff page  :-\
What do you mean?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

mforum

Well, i mean to add something like HorizontalRules to separate each local moderator.
If you have 2-3 or more moderators in a lot of boards the Local Moderators window has same boards mixed up makes it look not so nice...... :-[

ladyshanae

My moderators are all in special groups, so I just removed the local moderators completely from the staff.template.php page. 

Do you need them displayed?  If not, I can tell you which portion of the code to remove :)

HecKel

How can I select which groups are visible on this staff page? I have one group called Banned and I don't want to show them...

HecKel
Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on August 23, 2008, 04:10:10 PM
SMF 7 is where it gets good. That has time travel. You can go back and post before the guy who flamed you. :P

vbgamer45

SMF 1.0.7 under edit features and options board settings I think set the staff filter to the exact group name you do not want to show.

SMF 1.1 RC2 Edit features and options under layout options.
Set the staff filter to the exact group name you do not want to show.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

HecKel

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on August 23, 2008, 04:10:10 PM
SMF 7 is where it gets good. That has time travel. You can go back and post before the guy who flamed you. :P

Advertisement: