Staff Page Mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, May 18, 2006, 06:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Copy the language strings from modifications.english.php in the default theme/languages/ to modificaitons.yourlanguage.php file

Or if you are using another theme make sure the text strings are in that modifications.english.php file in that theme folder.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Farmacija

i got a problem-just administrator could see the stuf list, other  members see the link but cannot get into that page...

edit->it is needed in admin panel set the permission for users
www.farmaceuti.com
www.farmaceuti.com/tekstovi

Krysia

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 11, 2007, 08:29:21 AM
Use

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `kwjtlff1_staff` (ID_GROUP smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL, `roworder` mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (`ID_GROUP`))

Cool. That worked and created the table.

But, when I clicked on the "staff list" link, I get only a link that states "Staff Configuration". I click on it and nothing...

Krysia

Here's a screenshot so you can see what I mean... When you click "Staff Configuration", nothing happens.

vbgamer45

Whats the link look like for the staf configuration?
And also try to reupload Staff.php to the sources folder.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Krysia

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 20, 2007, 07:34:31 PM
Whats the link look like for the staf configuration?
And also try to reupload Staff.php to the sources folder.
The link is shown in the screen shot. It's the "Staff Configuration" right in the center...

Okay, I'll try reuploading the Staff.php... TY! :)

Krysia

Well, cool. :) That fixed it. Thank you.

Of course, no avatars are shown (because that's my luck lately), so I'm going to wade backwards into this thread, because I thought I saw somewhere where someone had avatar issues...

:)

Krysia

There... I just reuploaded the Staff.template.php file, and voila. Avatars. :)

Now how to get that horizontal rule that I saw in a screenshot... ;)

t.osberger

Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 18, 2006, 11:09:42 PM
It should work with other themes. Not using anything really theme dependent. Just using the standard styles for catbg and windowbg.
If it doesn't look right you can try to chagne class= to the class that wish to use in Staff.template.php

Hello!

Just wondering how to install this mod when using alternate theme?  Would you have any specific instructions?  I am new to a lot of this stuff and trying to build 3 ring binder containing the instruction sheet(s) for each mod I install. That way if I ever have to install from scratch I have everything I need in one place.

So, basic question is: How do I change this mod to work with current theme?

Thank you in advance!  Look forward to seeing more of you quality work.

vbgamer45

You just need to edit the index.template.php of your custom theme and include a link to the staff page
http://www.yoursite.com/index.php?act=staff

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

mohoganybrwn

Hi.  I get a red x, where the staff's photos are supposed to be, also the staff have URL avatars... so how can I fix the red x problem?

vbgamer45

What version of the Staff mod do you have installed? Do you have the latest one installed.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Muse

Quote from: Muse on January 15, 2007, 08:55:34 PM
vbgamer, I've been given the option to switch to the one server on my host that has MySQL and PHP 5 until they decide to roll out the change on all boxes, for which they don't have a set date. Argh.

Do you think this will fix my issue? I am having it with every single one of your mods, and it's all the mods I want to use, lol.

:/

I don't want to bother switching if it's pointless.

Okay, well now they suddenly don't have room on that server, so I am SOL.

Has anyone installed this on an older SQL? (I'm running 4.0.27). Just want to know if there is anything I can possibly do to get this and VBGamer's other mods working on my board before I just forget it completely. I'm beyond frustrated and I really hate getting "Too Bad" as an answer for everything, heh.

I'm currently in the process of moving to a server with 4.1.21, but I don't know if that even makes a difference w/this mod.

vbgamer45

You can create the tables manually by looking at the sql files then blank out the sql file and rezip up the mod and install it.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Muse

I'm way too beginner to know how to do that, but I think I'll re-install a test board and teach myself.

mohoganybrwn

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 22, 2007, 04:55:49 PM
What version of the Staff mod do you have installed? Do you have the latest one installed.

Yes, I have the latest verson installed.

Muse

Okay, everything is all kosher now, except now I'm getting a Test Failed on         ./Themes/default/index.template.php  for this and the links mod.

I can just change those manually if I know what to change :)

vbgamer45

That mainly deals with adding a link on the page to the staff section.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Muse

Oh, if that's all it alters, I can do that easily :)

vbgamer45

That's all it does to that file.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: