News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Cannot save cookie for only one person

Started by davy19, April 05, 2004, 10:40:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davy19

I just upgraded to SMF Public Beta 1.0 from YabbSE 1.5.4, i was having a problem with just my ID, i always had to log into my forums every single time I visited the boards.  Once i logged in I was fine until I close my IE page.

I was having the same issue with YabbSE 1.5.4 and tried every fix from the old boards so i figured i would upgrde thinking maybe that will fix it.

I did delete my cookie and renamed it.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

davy19

Thanks I looked through those and have not had much luck.

Here is a link to my site:

http://www.tsprghosts.com/yabbse/index.php

Btw this is running on powweb.com

I have two different sites with yabbse well now one with SMF.  I only have issue with this board and I am the only one experienceing the issue.  Everyone else is fine.  Also btw I have tried it from 3 different machines, but all the machines are XP Pro with IE 6 and latest patches.

P.S.  Just want to add I am extremely impressed with SMF, it runs much faster then Yabbse IMO, upgrade went really smoothe, and i like all the new features, great work!

davy19

ok to test out i created a userid = miketest,   password = test

I tried that and it wont keep me logged in, so i guess it not related to the username

if anyone else wants to give it a shot and let me know.

thanks

P.S.  the cookie name i made it =  smftspr

[Unknown]

I'm receiving cookies properly with that login.

-[Unknown]

davy19

So it must be an issue with XP Pro and or IE 6

What OS and web browser are you runnning?

i just find it odd that same thing happening to me at my work machine, and my laptop and desktop at home.  THe only common thing is all running XP Pro with IE6 and latest security patches.

[Unknown]

I'm running Windows 2003 Server with Mozilla Firefox.

However, it might just be related to your security settings.  Have you made sure that the "privacy" setting is on "Low" in Internet Options?

-[Unknown]

davy19

Interesting...I downloaded mozilla just to see and it wont work for me with either my regular admin ID or the test id I created

Ok i guess time to try another OS besides XP Pro...but i dont get it..i am not having any issues with this forum..odd

[Unknown]

Are you using any firewall or "internet security" software like Norton?

-[Unknown]

davy19

No I am not..well here is the funny thing, I have 4 machines I tred this on.  All XP Pro with IE 6 latest patches

Only one machine out of all those does it work, and that machine has zonealarm pro on it, go figure all other machines have no firewall

I am about to give up...none of it makes sense why it dont work only for this one forum and from this one site.

[Unknown]

That's really strange.  It won't work even with Mozilla, huh?

Do you have any proxy on this network?

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: