News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

WoW-DK

Started by padexx, May 20, 2006, 12:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandit

this is how i have used your code in the index.template.php to link our DKP site

Quote// the [EQDKP] button
   if ($context['user']['is_logged'])   
      echo '
   <td class="maintab_off_first">&nbsp;</td>
      <td valign="top" class="maintab_off_back">
      <a href="http://mystique.neonet.net.au/forum/eqdkp [nofollow]">EQDKP</a>
      </td>
   <td class="maintab_off_last">&nbsp;</td>';

Works great.

alinne

I think this is a brand new question....I have this theme on a forum site for my WoW guild and we love it! I think I might make a new header graphic but otherwise awesome. However...we also have a screenshot gallery where our guild members can post images, and I would like it to match the forums. Can somebody port this theme for Coppermine Photo Gallery or tell me how to do it?

sandit

Panic is this theme going to be upgraded to suit the 1.1.2 update
am now getting a warning since doing the update

Attention of WOW-DK theme:
This theme doesn't correspond to the version of SMF that you are using. This theme is made for SMF 1.1.

Poll.template.php
Profile.template.php
are both highlighted in red in the version check

MoreBloodWine

Just go search through the admin settings , you can hide the theme version attention... Ive asked about an update before and I was told to just hide the theme version attention heh...
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

padexx

The newsletter did not say anything about theme changes at first.
But then I saw in the forum that
Poll.template.php
Profile.template.php
Register.template.php
(used by wow-dk) got changed.

I've uploaded an updated version already!  

sandit

Great work, Upgrade to 1.1.2, update Theme wowdk-11d, update WoW chars

never easier than this.

Only had to add the changes I had made, for a new menu Tab, and visited links.

MoreBloodWine

Hey panic... wondering if you could do me somewhat of a huge favor... I'm only asking because I have no idea where to even begin with this one... not sure if you have ever used the arcade on your own forums in conjunction with the wowdk theme but I noticed something and surprisingly never picked up on it before... please reference the below pictures to see what I am talking about... when you view the arcade in wow theme mode the buttons arent there not that I'd expect them to be but when you view the arcade in default theme mode the buttons are there... what needs to be done to fix this... if you dont have your own forum with the arcade installed to work on this I can give you admin and ftp access to my test forum... Thx.

Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

mapandy

Health Care [nofollow]
Home Decorating Ideas [nofollow]  บันทึกน้องนะโม [nofollow]  toy [nofollow]

mshallop

Love the theme!

I have tried to install various other WoW mods, like the item and character lister, enhanced calendar and staff listing and, following a successful install, could not access them through the site.

Discovered that these mods were written to be compatible only with the default theme.

How disappointing is this?  I mean, you take the time to develop a wow mod and you don't even support the one and only great wow theme available?

Anyway, Panic, sorry for the rant - freakin' great job!

MoreBloodWine

Please dont take this as a flame but had you read through alot of the forums you will find that all mods are made for the "default" theme... now like I said had you read through the forum you'd have also found thqat to get a mod to work on any theme other than default you have to modify the theme files in this case wow-dk to get the mods to work... here check this out you will see that I have both the character mod and item stat mod working with the wow dk theme...

http://www.choice-online-gaming.com/index.php?topic=3.0

Ps; feel free to play the arcade if you get to bored , lol...

CrystalTears

Not sure about the other mods, but the wowitem mod has no effect on the themes.

As for custom themes, can't really blame them for not customizing mods to fit a theme as one will never know which theme someone will use so best to stick with default which everyone will have no matter what.

You'll have to customize the mod to work with the theme. Ask the specific mod creators to see what files you need to modify to see it in your theme.

Jerimiah

Just updated to 1.1.2 and installed the wow-dk fresh, awesome job on this btw!

Just a couple of things, I noticed that the enable news & news fader options are there, but the link in the admin panel to edit the news is gone =(

Also, when I click on any of the following links I get and error that the file could not be loaded:
Edit Features and Options
Edit Server Settings
Edit Membergroups
Edit Permissions

Any ideas?
Jerimiah
Slodiers of the Cross - Anvilmar - Alliance
www.theWoWguild.com

esm69

hi, i'm new to the theme scene and i'm kinda stuck on something

i looked through the 11pages of this post and didn't see what i was looking for, though i could have easily missed it (11pages = a lot to read through :(  )

anyhow, i downloaded wowdk11b and unzipped it to a local folder on my pc

i then ftp'd into my site and created a 'Warcraft1' folder under the themes folder, uploaded the wowdk11b files/folders

i then went into the admin mode on my forums and went to the 'themes and layout setting', created the new theme 'from a directory on the server'...i named the new theme 'warcraft1' and clicked the install button...

it did it's thing and the new theme was loaded/created

i changed the forum default to 'warcraft1' and selected to 'reset users to forum default'

the thing is, nothing happend...the theme that came up is the original, default theme for the board...i had changed the theme to babylon just to see what i looked like, so when it changed back to the default theme i knew it 'did' something, but not what i was looking for

under 'themes and settings' this is what lists for 'warcraft1':
Theme directory (templates):
/hermes/web01/b1237/pow.heathersdad/htdocs/Machine/forum/Themes/Warcraft1
URL to above directory:
http://www.forcestar.net/Machine/forum/Themes/Warcraft1 [nofollow]
URL to images directory:
http://www.forcestar.net/Machine/forum/Themes/Warcraft1/images [nofollow]

am i missing something?  did i need to download more than just wowdk11b?

can anybody shed some light on what i need to do to get this fixed?

thank you

erik

CrystalTears

I suggest the following:

Delete that theme you created.
Delete the folders on your site.
Go into Admin, then Themes and Layouts.
Scroll to the bottom where it states: Install new theme, and browse for the zip file you downloaded.
Click on Install.

See if that helps.

esm69

holy crap, i am a nub...i just saw CrystalTears' post and was acting on that when i noticed the stupid folder name on my ftp site is 'WoW1', not 'warcraft1'...

once i deleted the theme, and used the proper folder name everything came up nicely

thanks for the kick in the pants, CrystalTears

edit:  i get a message that "This theme doesn't correspond to the version of SMF that you are using. This theme is made for SMF 1.1."

i thought wowdk11b was for 1.1.2...more to investigate i suppose

edit2:  dear lord, i'm a sharp one...wowdk11d, not b is 1.1.2...one of these days i'll get it together

CrystalTears

Heh, no worries.

Go into Current Theme and scroll to the bottom. Check "Hide theme version attention". The version works fine with 1.1.2.

esm69

i had already started the deletion when i saw your post

thanks for the help, CrystalTears

E

esm69

quick question:  is it possible to set it up so that when a page comes up it randomly selects the image at the top (term escapes me atm)

for example, i open the site and get the gnome look...i click on a thread and it brings up the orc look...i move to another thread and it's the dwarf look, or theme or w/e it's called

is this possible?

thanks

E

ps: love the theme...keep up the good work

E

Hox

firefox (1st pic) is ok, opera (2nd pic) is not so bad, and IE (3rd pic) is. well IE  any idea why i am getting display problems in IE and Opera?

Vanterax

You're missing some graphics.  Firefox doesn't show empty placeholders like IE does when graphics are not found.  Looks like you might not have copied all the files over.  Big giveaway are the links in Firefox that are supposed to be buttons (start new topic, start poll, etc).

Advertisement: