News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

WoW-DK

Started by padexx, May 20, 2006, 12:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

padexx

MoreBloodWine could you please post a link to your homepage so I am able to see the "issue" which image files etc are loaded live.
Hard to tell by just looking at a picture...

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: padexx on August 28, 2008, 08:50:24 AM
MoreBloodWine could you please post a link to your homepage so I am able to see the "issue" which image files etc are loaded live.
Hard to tell by just looking at a picture...
Problem was fixed as of 5 minutes ago and I'm proud to say it wasnt a theme issue like the mod author suggested. It actually had to do with some of the HTML in the mod itself which the author just tried to dismiss.
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

MoreBloodWine

Probably to early to ask but when might we see a bit of 2.0 support... I just set up a 2.0 test site and I was hoping to maybe play around with it a bit.

Come to think of it do themes even need to be severely re-worked for 2.0 like mods do ?
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

padexx

I've already started to update all my themes (haven't worked on the wow theme update yet).

Because the wow theme is based on the pn-pn theme which uses tables as layout element I am thinking of completely rewriting it to get rid of most of the tables....

RustyBarnacle

I liked the look of the demos but I've already upgraded to 1.1.6 and get a big error box on every screen plus lots of errors in the subs.php file.

I was wondering if you have any plans for 1.1.6 or are you going to focus on 2.0?

padexx

I am currently updating all my themes but won't  be able to release the updates until next monday :(

To get rid of the "big error" box (only visible for admins) go to admin -> current theme -> hide theme version attention.

RustyBarnacle

It wasn't just that, it was creating a lot of errors in the log on the subs.php file and we have found that when our forum produces a lot of errors, our host starts screwing around with us so we're trying to run a clean ship.

I'm glad you are working on an update as we have a lot of WOW players on our board and that will make their day.  Thanks.

padexx

UPDATED the theme to 116v1

Quotethe subs.php file and we have found that when our forum produces a lot of errors
I am afraid I am not able to reproduce this issue. Could you please provide more info.

RustyBarnacle

I know the first one is coming from the global headers and footers mod, but I don't get this error on any other theme.

8: Undefined index: globalhf_title
File: /home/xxx/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2901

I don't know why I am getting this second error though.  I do have SMFGallery Pro installed but this error comes even when I'm just hanging out in the forum area with no blocks that even reference gallery.

8: Undefined index: smfgallery_admin
File: /home/xxx/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2897

Both errors come with just about every page view while using the new 116v1 theme.

padexx

Hi!

The mod only edits the default theme files during its installation. In this special case it adds custom text strings to the Modifications.english.php of the default theme. You need to add these to the Modifications.english.php of the wow-dk, too (in theme's language folder).

RustyBarnacle

Thanks,

Knowing that I went and added a bunch of entries into your file so that more of those didn't pop up later.

dkinser

Hi Padex :)

The title to our forum is quite long.  On large monitors it shows fine, at about 1024x768 the forum title disappears behind the information box in the top right.

Is there a way to dynamically resize that title to fit the resolution, and if not; what do I need to do to shrink the size of the font so that it fits on the majority of displays?

Thanks in advance.

padexx

Hi dkinser!

in the theme's index.template.php search for
if (empty($settings['header_logo_url']))
echo '
<div style="font-family: Georgia, sans-serif; font-size: 30px;

and change the font size.

Swarley

I just wanted to start out saying I really enjoy your theme.

I am using this theme with SMF as well as Tiny Portal.  When I select a URL for the home button it allows the forum button to appear.  The problem I am having is that the Forum button does not actually point to the forum but to the front page that is TinyPortal.  How can I correct this?  Thanks!

padexx

QuoteThe problem I am having is that the Forum button does not actually point to the forum but to the front page that is TinyPortal.  How can I correct this?  Thanks!

I don't do the tinyportal ports of the theme myself and have very little experience with TP. But doesn't the TP version have a "front page" button AND forum button?

Swarley

Quote from: padexx on November 22, 2008, 08:47:18 AM
I don't do the tinyportal ports of the theme myself and have very little experience with TP. But doesn't the TP version have a "front page" button AND forum button?

It does.  I was able to find the TP version sometime after I made this post. I appreciate the reply though.  Thanks!

K3TK3TK3T

are you updating this for 2.0 beta 4 anytime soon?

KillerZ

Can someone point me to where the TP version is. When I click TP version all I get is directed to the TP site but can't find it on there. Thanks.

Night09

QuoteQuote from: padexx on November 22, 2008, 01:47:18 PMI don't do the tinyportal ports of the theme myself and have very little experience with TP. But doesn't the TP version have a "front page" button AND forum button?

QuoteIt does.  I was able to find the TP version sometime after I made this post. I appreciate the reply though.  Thanks!

I done some digging on this and the fix for wow-dk116v1 is pretty easy to do.There is no real conversion needed if running on Tiny Portal                                                1.052.

Install both the theme and TP then open index.template.php and find the code for Help button.

// Show the [help] button.
    echo ($current_action == 'help' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '<td class="maintab_off_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' , '
                <td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'help' ? 'active_back' : 'off_back' , '">
                    <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=help">' , $txt[119] , '</a>
                </td>' , $current_action == 'help' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '<td class="maintab_off_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>';

Now move it down a few lines from the bracket above and insert this code

// Show the [forum] button.
    echo ($current_action == 'forum' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '<td class="maintab_off_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' , '
                <td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'forum' ? 'active_back' : 'off_back' , '">
                    <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=forum">' , $txt['forumdk'] , '</a>
                </td>' , $current_action == 'forum' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '<td class="maintab_off_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>';

so it looks like this.

// Show the [forum] button.
    echo ($current_action == 'forum' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '<td class="maintab_off_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' , '
                <td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'forum' ? 'active_back' : 'off_back' , '">
                    <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=forum">' , $txt['forumdk'] , '</a>
                </td>' , $current_action == 'forum' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '<td class="maintab_off_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>';
    // Show the [help] button.
    echo ($current_action == 'help' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '<td class="maintab_off_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' , '
                <td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'help' ? 'active_back' : 'off_back' , '">
                    <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=help">' , $txt[119] , '</a>
                </td>' , $current_action == 'help' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '<td class="maintab_off_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>';

Close the file then open Themes/default/languages/index.english.php

Add an entry like this
$txt['forumdk'] = 'Forum';

I placed mine after line

$txt[103] = 'Home';

Close that and then it should then start showing a seperate forum button as well as the home button for this theme.This should be some help and save some time I hope for some of you plus it is a nice theme. ;)

KillerZ

Advertisement: