News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

WoW-DK

Started by padexx, May 20, 2006, 12:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

commonmind

I recently went through the process of creating a custom header, and all went relatively well. What I'm wondering now is, is there a way to name the forum, through the forum title option within the feature configuration tab (so that the tabs and page are correctly labeled) but have that title hidden on the header? I ask because I would like to design a logo for the header and don't want the font to interfere (that and the font would then be redundant).

Thanks...

padexx

Hello commonmind!

changing
<div style="font-family: Georgia, sans-serif; font-size: 30px; padding: 5px 0 12px 90px; white-space: nowrap; float: left; background-image: url(images/header_bg_r.png;">', $context['forum_name'], '</div>

to
<div style="font-family: Georgia, sans-serif; font-size: 30px; padding: 5px 0 12px 90px; white-space: nowrap; float: left; background-image: url(images/header_bg_r.png;"></div>

in the theme's index.template.php removes the forum name in the header

dkinser

We've been using your theme for quite some time, and thank you for your hard work.

Our Globals are posting this in the error log when working with members:

8: Undefined index: title
File: /homepages/5/d217677497/htdocs/Themes/default/ManageMembers.template.php (eval?)
Line: 21

When working with bans, this is logged on the forum error log:

8: Undefined index: title
File: /homepages/5/d217677497/htdocs/Themes/default/ManageBans.template.php (eval?)
Line: 21

Any ideas or suggestions?

sOt0nGx

I am using 1.1.7 and I get this error
QuoteAttention of wow-dk theme:
You have to create "Modifications.english-utf8.php" in the "languages" directory (domain.com/Themes/wow-dk116v1/languages/) of your wow-dk theme.

Duplicate the "Modifications.english.php" of the "languages" directory of wow-dk. Next, rename it according to the language for which you use the file.

I did what it said but
after I made a copy of mod~.php in the same folder and renamed it,
the error still stays!
Most things seems to work other than the notice always showing
I even tried to delete the original Modifications.php but the error stays there.

Cafeïne

Quote from: nightbre on December 08, 2008, 10:16:00 PM
Quotehxxp:index.php?topic=88627.msg1809894#msg1809894 [nonactive]I don't do the tinyportal ports of the theme myself and have very little experience with TP. But doesn't the TP version have a "front page" button AND forum button?

QuoteIt does.  I was able to find the TP version sometime after I made this post. I appreciate the reply though.  Thanks!

I done some digging on this and the fix for wow-dk116v1 is pretty easy to do.There is no real conversion needed if running on Tiny Portal                                                1.052.

Install both the theme and TP then open index.template.php and find the code for Help button.

// Show the [help] button.
    echo ($current_action == 'help' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '<td class="maintab_off_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' , '
                <td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'help' ? 'active_back' : 'off_back' , '">
                    <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=help">' , $txt[119] , '</a>
                </td>' , $current_action == 'help' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '<td class="maintab_off_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>';

Now move it down a few lines from the bracket above and insert this code

// Show the [forum] button.
    echo ($current_action == 'forum' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '<td class="maintab_off_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' , '
                <td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'forum' ? 'active_back' : 'off_back' , '">
                    <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=forum">' , $txt['forumdk'] , '</a>
                </td>' , $current_action == 'forum' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '<td class="maintab_off_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>';

so it looks like this.

// Show the [forum] button.
    echo ($current_action == 'forum' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '<td class="maintab_off_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' , '
                <td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'forum' ? 'active_back' : 'off_back' , '">
                    <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=forum">' , $txt['forumdk'] , '</a>
                </td>' , $current_action == 'forum' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '<td class="maintab_off_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>';
    // Show the [help] button.
    echo ($current_action == 'help' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '<td class="maintab_off_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' , '
                <td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'help' ? 'active_back' : 'off_back' , '">
                    <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=help">' , $txt[119] , '</a>
                </td>' , $current_action == 'help' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '<td class="maintab_off_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>';

Close the file then open Themes/default/languages/index.english.php

Add an entry like this
$txt['forumdk'] = 'Forum';

I placed mine after line

$txt[103] = 'Home';

Close that and then it should then start showing a seperate forum button as well as the home button for this theme.This should be some help and save some time I hope for some of you plus it is a nice theme. ;)

Hello,

I'm French and I try as much as possible to use correct English for me to understand.

So I use with SMF 1.1.8 with TinyPortal 106beta2 and Wow-Dk116v1 theme.

My problem is that the "FORUM" button behaves exactly like the "HOME" button links are the same I'd like to know or change it.

You can see here the problem : hxxp:www.buffmeiamfamous.fr/forum/index.php [nonactive]

The forum exist at this link : hxxp:www.buffmeiamfamous.fr/forum/index.php?action=forum [nonactive]

Thank you in advance.

SimonBS

Hey.

I've just installed SMF 1.1.8 with this theme.

I'm having a problem with the layout when viewing a topic. The users information, avatar and such is placed over the text but I'ld like it to the left.

I've linked two pictures. Picture number 1 is my layout and picture number 2 is another side which is using the same template but is having the information and avatar to the left.

hxxp:i40.tinypic.com/3442jvd.jpg [nonactive]
hxxp:i41.tinypic.com/71pb7q.jpg [nonactive]

Is there anyway to change this?

Thanks in advance.
Simon B. Støvring

ErvinB

Quote from: commonmind on December 20, 2008, 04:01:14 PM
I recently went through the process of creating a custom header, and all went relatively well. What I'm wondering now is, is there a way to name the forum, through the forum title option within the feature configuration tab (so that the tabs and page are correctly labeled) but have that title hidden on the header? I ask because I would like to design a logo for the header and don't want the font to interfere (that and the font would then be redundant).

Thanks...

See this thread...

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=47873.0

ErvinB

Quote from: SimonBS on February 11, 2009, 12:04:00 PM
Hey.

I've just installed SMF 1.1.8 with this theme.

I'm having a problem with the layout when viewing a topic. The users information, avatar and such is placed over the text but I'ld like it to the left.

I've linked two pictures. Picture number 1 is my layout and picture number 2 is another side which is using the same template but is having the information and avatar to the left.

Picture 1 [nofollow]
Picture 2 [nofollow]

Is there anyway to change this?

Thanks in advance.
Simon B. Støvring

I also would like to know how to do this. Thanks.

ErvinB

Quote from: Goliathfox on August 18, 2006, 12:54:25 AM
Zhorne,

I believe the answer you need for the posting is located under FAQ where you download the template.  I asked this myself and found the answer there.  By default the theme has the option of the posters avatar/info above it.  Follow these directions to fix it.

QuoteFAQ

1. I want the user information to appear at the left side of each posting insead on top of it. Is this possible?

- YES Smiley Go to admin -> configuration -> current theme and look for
"Posters information position"
Options are default (top) and left.

Looky what I found, just had to read the whole thread twice to find it lol.

SimonBS

Many thanks!! Looking great now!  ;D

h4rvey

is there some sort of trick to instlalling this theme? it will not install for me it just crashes the page. I have tried  installing it on SMF version 1.1.4 1.1.5 1.1.6 and none of them work.

any ideas?

Night09

Quoteis there some sort of trick to instlalling this theme? it will not install for me it just crashes the page. I have tried  installing it on SMF version 1.1.4 1.1.5 1.1.6 and none of them work.

any ideas?

You should be using SMF 1.1.8 or you will have serious security risks and also the latest wow dk may not actually work with older smf now.

h4rvey

the supported version says up to 1.1.6 is there another place to download the lastest version?

Night09

The 1.1.6 version is the latest one.Have you tried to install them one after the other on the forum with no success? You may have odd code parts from the failed installs causing issues with the latest one.

When you say it crashes the page what exactly is it displaying to you on trying to install ?There shouldnt be any reason DK 1.1.6 wont install on a 1.1.6 forum unless maybe something else is adding to the problem.

h4rvey

i am running 1.1.6 and it goes to

Connection Interrupted
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.

when ever i try to install the theme.

h4rvey

im gonna install 1.1.4 and see what happens

h4rvey

1.1.4 does the same thing.

there is something wrong with this theme.

h4rvey

ok i got the theme to install on 1.1.4

now im trying to upgrade it to the latest version and i got it to 1.1.6 but now it says

An Error Has Occurred!
The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

when i try to go to 1.1.7

im just using the link under packages.

h4rvey

ok i got the theme to install on 1.1.4

now im trying to upgrade it to the latest version and i got it to 1.1.6 but now it says

An Error Has Occurred!
The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

when i try to go to 1.1.7

im just using the link under packages.

Bulqr4eto

update for 1.1.8 and 2.0 RC1 pls :(

Advertisement: