News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

WoW-DK

Started by padexx, May 20, 2006, 12:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Night09

Hi,

Just so everyone knows who uses this theme that WoW Character profiles now works for v114 and v115.

It has been uploaded to the mod site.

Great theme Padex :D

stefkenis

I dont have buttons on my forum can somebody give to me link for the buttons on English or Serbian to upload....tnx

GWR

Excellent theme but I have a slight problem I have uploaded it to my forum and am now getting this message across the top of the forum:-

Attention of wow-dk theme:
You have to create "Modifications.english-utf8.php" in the "languages" directory ( hxxp:martinsforum.com/community/Themes/wowdk_115v1/languages/ [nonactive] ) of your wow-dk theme.

Duplicate the "Modifications.english.php" of the "languages" directory of wow-dk. Next, rename it according to the language for which you use the file.

I haven't a clue as to what or where or how I am meant to make the modification mentioned please could someone help I am using smf1.1.5

padexx

Tommy Two Times sorry for the typo!

nightbre thanks for the WoW Character profiles mod update info

stefkenis could it be you are using utf8 for your database? solution

GWR solution

cr1

I've just installed the SMF and Nuke-SMF files and i'm getting an error with only this theme.  The error I get is:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: themeheader() in /home/httpd/vhosts/xxxxx.xxx/httpdocs/header.php on line 36

The call out in the code is:

function head()
{   
$ads = ads(4); // display Ad Baners from the "4" position   
    echo $ads;   
    themeheader();  

}   

Line 36 is colored red where the error is at.  Any ideas how to fix this?

Yellowrose

padexx

Nice job on the theme btw. I have a silly question though. I installed this on a test site but I can't seem to find where the color changer is for the different faction headers you included are. I may be going blind in my old age but I can't for the life of me figure it out....lol

@ nightbre

Are you sure it has been updated I just downloaded it and tried to install on a 1.1.5 test forum and got the message that the file is corrupt or not compatable with the version of smf will try downloading and installing again but thought I'd let you know about the error from the first try.

EDIT:  Same result with the second and thrid downloads.

Night09

QuoteAre you sure it has been updated I just downloaded it and tried to install on a 1.1.5 test forum and got the message that the file is corrupt or not compatable with the version of smf will try downloading and installing again but thought I'd let you know about the error from the first try.

I think the attachments in the thread for wow characters are corrupt,Its mentioned by a few people.
I have a multi theme version should be available on the mod site soon.It has a bug being eliminated then it should be passed.It was submitted but I have to fix the bug before they will pass it for release.

Yellowrose

Thanks for letting me know. I'll keep an eye out for the update so I can add this to the sites that will be added.

Night09

Ill pop a note here when it is fixed so everyone knows. ;)

flake99

Hi there.

I got this version for tiny portals however I was wondering how do I change the banner?

Is there a way to import my own banner but keeping the style of everything else?

I would like to put this banner into the header: hxxp:i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh197/novaxavon/omenbanner.jpg [nonactive] anyway in doing so?

Thanks

padexx

Quote from: Yellowrose on June 06, 2008, 01:20:25 AM
Nice job on the theme btw. I have a silly question though. I installed this on a test site but I can't seem to find where the color changer is for the different faction headers you included are. I may be going blind in my old age but I can't for the life of me figure it out....lol
It's under admin - configuration - current theme

Quote from: flake99 on June 26, 2008, 08:17:39 PM
Is there a way to import my own banner but keeping the style of everything else?
Take a look at the theme's dl-page the is a custom header file which includes a HowTo

MoreBloodWine

You need better directions on how to create a header where people can use their own custom image, sure I know to open it in photoshop. But from there I dont know how to use my own image, all the instructions say is to create two image files and it doesnt even say how to do that bec I know you need a top and a bottom but the PSD is a top and bottom together so how does that split into two images (top and bottom) ?
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

padexx

I don't remember if I've alredy sliced the image. Will check this and update the howto txt, too.

I am currently on vacation and just stopping by to check my messages. Will get this done as soon as I am back home.

clarkkent93

Quote from: nightbre on June 06, 2008, 05:37:44 AM
QuoteAre you sure it has been updated I just downloaded it and tried to install on a 1.1.5 test forum and got the message that the file is corrupt or not compatable with the version of smf will try downloading and installing again but thought I'd let you know about the error from the first try.

I think the attachments in the thread for wow characters are corrupt,Its mentioned by a few people.
I have a multi theme version should be available on the mod site soon.It has a bug being eliminated then it should be passed.It was submitted but I have to fix the bug before they will pass it for release.

I'm still getting this error.  Is there a problem I should know about?
SMF 1.1.6

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: padexx on July 20, 2008, 08:16:38 AM
I don't remember if I've alredy sliced the image. Will check this and update the howto txt, too.

I am currently on vacation and just stopping by to check my messages. Will get this done as soon as I am back home.
Hey Paddex, you back home yet ?
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

padexx

QuoteHow do you make the buttin wider without distoring the overall size of it if that makes sense.

I guess what you are looking for is PS -> images -> canvas size...

A few steps to your own button:
1. extend the width of the canvas to the right (i.e. 400%)
2. edit the text
3. duplicate and move the "background" layer to cover the white space
4. move the "right corner" layer to the end of the text
5. use the rectangle selection tool and select the area you want to be your new button
6. crop the image to the selection (PS -> image -> crop)

QuoteI know you need a top and a bottom but the PSD is a top and bottom together so how does that split into two images (top and bottom) ?
I haven't sliced the psd image. So what you can do to get the two needed images is:

edit the image to fit your needs. SAVE it!

To create the "top" image (steps are equal for the "background" image) select one of the "top" layers, right click on the layer's thumbnail and choose "select pixels". Now crop the image and save to web. do the same for the "background".

clarkkent93

Quote from: clarkkent93 on July 22, 2008, 05:49:11 PM
Quote from: nightbre on June 06, 2008, 05:37:44 AM

I'm still getting this error.  Is there a problem I should know about?

I'm still getting the following error:
QuoteThe package you tried to upload either is not a valid package or has become corrupted.

This is for version 115.

Look forward to any help.
SMF 1.1.6

clarkkent93

SMF 1.1.6

mimland

I'm using 1.1.5 and the latest version of the wowdk theme and have been having serious problems with wowcharacters. Stupid as I was i updated the forums without removing my mods and wowchars decided to stop working. Due to not being modified for 1.1.5 it also refused to uninstall and the new file that I found on the modification site gave the message that the file wasn't an update and refused to install.

After removing wowcharacters manually I managed to install it on the updated forums, just needed to change the $themedir/ stuff according to instructions and then change that file that wasn't found back to the default.

Now wowchars work but I got one small problem, I'll probably missed something stupidly simple but that is usually hardest to see. When I open up my forum profile and look down the links to the left I get [] instead of wowcharacters. The link works and takes me to the screen where I make my characters. What I can't figure out is where I screwed up and what I have to change to actually get it to say what it is instead of [].

MoreBloodWine

Hey Padex, need a favor... Please check out the following thread and read from there. The mod author is essentially blaming the theme for the weirdness I'm experiencing. So maybe if you can take a look and try to help me / "so called" mod author out I'd greatly appreciate it.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=210789.msg1678174#msg1678174

Advertisement: