WoW-DK

Started by padexx, May 20, 2006, 12:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

padexx

QuoteIs there a way to allow members to change the colors on their end?

This will be possible with the next update comming out the next days ;)

Any other feature requests? :D

panic

Goliathfox

Personally I don't have any problems with the forum.  But with a site yielding over 360+ members, I have gotten some responses.  They are requesting the following.

1. Option for members to choose colors/character (mix match) - Also include an admin feature to enable/disable.  Just in case a guild does not want members to have this option

2. With different video/monitor settings the shades of the borders can look invisible to a poster.  Thus making it difficult for someone to determine where a post/signature are divided. 

3. Background color to the Quotes do not seem to match the theme.  Hard on the eyes compared to everything else.

This has been the type of theme I have been looking for a long time.  I do appreciate the time you put into it alot!  Being a technical support representative for a Hosting company and our Guild website, I understand that sometimes there is a lack of appreciation for our jobs.  Keep up the awesome work!

Edit: Some grammer/spelling errors.

padexx

Hi,

sorry for another update of the theme within a few days! Just fulfilling user requests  ;)

wowdk11rc2e

- fixed: dwarves theme (was broken)
- added: new color-logo
- added: admins are now able to allow users to select their personal color/charater version

As admin you are now able to select whether a user should be able to select his own color version of the theme or not. If you allow your users to choose a color they can select it in their user profile (layout settings).

QuoteOption for members to choose colors/character (mix match)
"mixed match" would mean to add even more color versions or a recoding of the theme.
I have exams over the next weeks = no time for that, sorry!
I may add a psd file on the download page so everone can easily create their own header.
QuoteAlso include an admin feature to enable/disable
done!
QuoteWith different video/monitor settings the shades of the borders can look invisible to a poster...
Don't know how to reproduce this. Do you have more details?
QuoteBackground color to the Quotes do not seem to match the theme
fixed!

panic

Goliathfox

Video/Monitor settings were mostly user end.  I tried replicating it myself and the closest I could get was to turn down my brightness on my monitor.  When doing so, I could see how the border between the post and signature could look somewhat invisible.  I told the members to just turn up their brightness/contrast.  But you know how it is, that wasn't satisfactory enough.  lol 

So they are asking possibly for a different color to the borders that define it more?  Maybe matching the color of text for the titles of posts?  Not too sure what would be a good match. 

Thanks for adding those options! 

Goliathfox

When I try to change the theme from a members profile I get the following error.

QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!
The user whose profile you are trying to view does not exist. 

When I try from an admins profile, I click save, and nothing happens. 

Both Internet Explorer and FireFox.  Did I set something wrong?

padexx

QuoteWhen I try to change the theme from a members profile I get the following error.

An Error Has Occurred!

Hmm, sure it is a theme error? I checked it over here on 3 different servers and everything works fine.

How does it work:

User themes (if allowed) overwrite admin themes after login!

1. scenario

admin - configuration - current theme

Main color of WoW-DK theme   orc-red
Allow user to change theme color   not allowed

-> everybody will only see the orc-red version of the theme

2. scenario

Admin - configuration - current theme

Main color of WoW-DK theme   elves-blue
Allow user to change theme color   show a selection box

-> elves blue is now the theme you see if not logged in
-> now every user has the option to select his own theme that he wants to see after his login.
      Profile - modify profile - Look and Layout Preferences - Personal color of WoW-DK theme

AND keep in mind that the admin is a user, too! So you are able to choose a color that differs from the theme that is shown if not logged in.

QuoteSo they are asking possibly for a different color to the borders that define it more?
You may change the background color in the code below (style.css):
/* Standard horizontal rule.. ([hr], etc.) */
hr, .hrcolor
{
height: 1px;
border: 0;
color: #666666;
background-color: #666666;
}

to #9e853d

panic

Raidon

Hi Panic,

First I want to tell you: IT'S A REALLY NICE THEME!!

But I want change something... And offcourse i don't know how...

My problem is:
I want a post with different background color, for example:

First post: black background
2nd post: grey background
3rd post: black background
4th post: grey background
etc...

Is that possible??

like here, on this forum, its first white then lightblue, then white, then lightblue, etc...
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

padexx

Hi Raidon!

The code you are searching is in the style.css in your wow-theme directory.

/* Alternating backgrounds for posts, and several other sections of the forum. */
.windowbg
{
color: #fff;
background-color: #101010;
}
.windowbg2
{
}

change the backgroud color to whatever you like.

.windowbg is for the first, third, ... posting
.windowbg2 is for the second, ... posting

panic

Raidon

Quote from: panic on August 11, 2006, 05:38:38 AM
Hi Raidon!

The code you are searching is in the style.css in your wow-theme directory.

/* Alternating backgrounds for posts, and several other sections of the forum. */
.windowbg
{
}
.windowbg2
{
}

change the backgroud color to whatever you like.

.windowbg is for the first, third, ... posting
.windowbg2 is for the second, ... posting

panic
I have tried this, and it's working. But the bar with ur name and ur avatar isn't changing and if I change that .windowbg2, then is on the homepage changed too... And i don't want this...

I just want: the bar with ur name, ur avatar and ur post would be at this color, and the other one should be that color.

I hope u will understand me, panic...

Thx ya mate!

padexx

You are right! Changing the windowbg and windowbg2 colors changes the look of the frontpage, too.

Regarding the bar with your name I forgot there are two options:

1. you are using the default posters possition
(admin- configuration- current theme- posters information possition- default = top)

then the background of the posters info is in /maincolors/"the_theme_u_are_using".css

.poster_info
{
background: #000 url(.././images/poster_info.gif);
background-position: top left;
background-repeat: repeat-x;
}

.poster_info2
{
background: #000 url(.././images/poster_info2.gif);
background-position: top left;
background-repeat: repeat-x;
}

You could delete or change the image and give it a unique background-color.

2. you are using the left posters possition
(admin- configuration- current theme- posters information possition- left)

then the background of the user info bar changes with the windowbg and windowbg2 background color change.

to prevent the colorchanges to appear on the frontpage some recoding has to be done.

panic

Raidon

ok thx, you solved my problem  :)

JunFan

Quote from: panic on August 10, 2006, 05:35:12 AM
QuoteWhen I try to change the theme from a members profile I get the following error.

An Error Has Occurred!

Hmm, sure it is a theme error? I checked it over here on 3 different servers and everything works fine.

How does it work:

User themes (if allowed) overwrite admin themes after login!

1. scenario

admin - configuration - current theme

Main color of WoW-DK theme   orc-red
Allow user to change theme color   not allowed

-> everybody will only see the orc-red version of the theme

2. scenario

Admin - configuration - current theme

Main color of WoW-DK theme   elves-blue
Allow user to change theme color   show a selection box

-> elves blue is now the theme you see if not logged in
-> now every user has the option to select his own theme that he wants to see after his login.
      Profile - modify profile - Look and Layout Preferences - Personal color of WoW-DK theme

AND keep in mind that the admin is a user, too! So you are able to choose a color that differs from the theme that is shown if not logged in.

I am having this same issue.  I have converted a board of decent size from phpbb to smf and my users are testing this theme.  I as admin have no problems changing theme colors.  I log in as a converted phpbb user or a brand new registered user, and with any admin configuration that allows the user to modify the color in his own profile we get the message posted above.  I can change the user's avatar, or time format (which is on the same look/layout page) or whatever I want in the profile except the theme color.  If I modify the admin setting such as the two scenarios above describe.  Scenario 1 completely removes the color choice option from a user's profile look/layout page, the other presents the choice, but produces the error when clicking the Change button.

As a P.S. I just installed smf, tiny portal, and converted my phpbb forum yesterday.  Feel free to create a user if you'd like to try out for yourself.  Council of Elders Beta Site

Also, While I love the theme, I've been using it with both IE and Firefox and can I just say the IE version needs some work.  I can't see:  Any Form Element borders (text inputs, buttons, pull downs all look like they're part of the black background).  Firefox doesn't have this issue.

Goliathfox

I also have these issues.  Borders look fine in Firefox when I change the color, but in IE, there is no change at all.  I still have the issue with members trying to change the theme look with that error I posted earlier.  I have tried 3 different PC's with different accounts and permissions.  Even as admin under profile, I cannot change this.  I can only change it through the Admin panel, but that effects every user defeating the purpose.

I know your a busy guy, but any help on this would be appreciated. 

padexx

Hi,

1. Any Form Element borders (text inputs, buttons, pull downs) look like they're part of the black background in IE

in /wow-dk/styles.css change
input {
border-color: #000;
}

to
input {
border-color: #ccc;
}

or whatever you like.

2. The new "user color change option" doesn't realy work at the moment
Well, it works on my lokal servers but not online...

I made a new threat to address this probleme in the SMF Forum
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=106435.msg684539#msg684539

If someone has the answer it would be greate ;D
I am working on this

Thanks
panic

padexx

Hi!

Regarding the personal color change issue
(Don't know where my brain is at the moment...)

See
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=106435.msg684539#msg684539
for the small code change
OR
download the new package. I did not change the version number (still says e)!

Please report if it works for you, too.

panic

padexx

seems this only works for the admin profile!?

I am lost!  :(

JunFan

Can I ask a completely different barrage of questions?

I may have posted this same question over on the TP forum... anyway, my friend (who turned me onto smf, tp, and this wow theme) was noting that the e version's topic display puts the details of who posted above the post, not to the left like the previous version.

See here:  http://councilofelders.net/smf/index.php?topic=960.0

First question would be was this done on purpose?...e.g. feature request, design change, etc.

Second would be how hard is it to go back to the more traditional layout of poster info to the left of the post (e.g. like this site).  I'd be happy to do it myself... and maybe even tinker with how we might make this configurable, I just need some guidance since I'm a smf noob.

Goliathfox

Zhorne,

I believe the answer you need for the posting is located under FAQ where you download the template.  I asked this myself and found the answer there.  By default the theme has the option of the posters avatar/info above it.  Follow these directions to fix it.

QuoteFAQ

1. I want the user information to appear at the left side of each posting insead on top of it. Is this possible?

- YES Smiley Go to admin -> configuration -> current theme and look for
"Posters information position"
Options are default (top) and left.

JunFan

I'm a dolt, I just downloaded it and didn't notice an faq.  Thank you for the cluage :)

padexx

Hi,

I have rewritten the code of the "user color change" option.

wowdk11rc2f [August 22, 2006]

- fixed: "user color change" didn't working properly

please reinstall the theme and don't just overwrite the files!

Advertisement: