Reason For Editing Mod

Started by Nibogo, May 23, 2006, 12:44:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gorm

Quote from: Farmacija on February 26, 2007, 08:36:57 AM
hm, probably bug but when i select that just admn and moderators can see reason for editing in Admin panel, just Administrator really have that permission, moderators still doesnt have it?

I have the same problem, can the reason be that I use "Global moderators"?

/Johan 

Gorm

dDOTr2

well, its a nice mod. it worked great for me under Dilber MC theme without any edit. but i m getting these errors. someone plz tell me how to fix this or can i ignore this( if thers no impact). btw i m using 1.1.2 version.

thanks in advance.

http://localhost/indiamusics/index.php?action=packages;sa=install2;package=reasonforediting1-14.zip
8: Undefined variable: found
File: C:\wamp\www\indiamusics\Packages\temp\reasonforeditinginstall.php
Line: 8

http://localhost/indiamusics/index.php?action=packages;sa=install2;package=reasonforediting1-14.zip
2: Missing argument 3 for db_query(), called in C:\wamp\www\indiamusics\Packages\temp\reasonforeditinginstall.php on line 5 and defined
File: C:\wamp\www\indiamusics\Sources\Subs.php
Line: 238

2: Missing argument 2 for db_query(), called in C:\wamp\www\indiamusics\Packages\temp\reasonforeditinginstall.php on line 5 and defined
File: C:\wamp\www\indiamusics\Sources\Subs.php
Line: 238

pulkit

Hi,

This is a great mod ... Worked very well with the core theme (on 1.1.2) but ever since I have switched to TP 0.9.8 with Mesh TP theme, it does not work.
It still asks for the reason for editing but does not display it. Is there any fix for this ??

Kajol

Quote from: winrules on January 31, 2007, 08:19:04 PM
Kajol, do you have MySQL in Strict mode?

No, I asked and they told me that it has strict mode off. but it doesn't work. :-(
Ist es eigentlich Non-Canon, dass Non-Canon nicht Canon ist, weil Canon nicht in Non-Canon Büchern sein darf, oder ist das Canon....?

dampier

Had this question/suggestion from one of my users:

A while after my first edit, I needed to make another change. The Reason For Edit box was blank, but that didn't bother me. I assumed that my original edit reason would remain at the bottom of the post. It didn't.

Is there a way to make the Reason For Edit box default to the reason previously entered? Or make the reason persist unless changed?

Thoughts?

linexp

i installed it on my site with the edited dilbert theme. the users do get the box where they enter the reason but the reason isn't displayed. how do i see what the reason for editing was?

pulkit

Quote from: linexp on April 25, 2007, 01:29:34 PM
i installed it on my site with the edited dilbert theme. the users do get the box where they enter the reason but the reason isn't displayed. how do i see what the reason for editing was?

exactly my question but with a different theme ...

ldk

I was able to make these slashes not show up by using "stripslashes" in Display.template.php where you display this information.

Quote from: ladyshanae on November 28, 2006, 07:47:51 AM
Not terribly important, but a curious question.  I know php reads things differently, but I don't know enough about it to know how to fix this (or if it can be fixed).  Whenever myself or my mods edit a post and use an apostrophe, it adds a slash.  For example:

QuoteYou don't need to use . . . blah blah blah

turns into:

QuoteYou don\'t need to use . . blah blah blah

So, yes . . . anyway to get rid of the slash?
see SMF put to the test at http://www.craftster.org/

angelofwisdom

I don't know if this has already been said, but I'll say it anyway :P
Some things I'd like to see changed:

1) When I edit and give a reason, I'd like to have that reason written on the Reason box when I edit it later. This way, I don't have to rewrite the reason if it is something like "typos" (which would be the reason of the second and third edits, for example)

2) slashes ... the previous post explains it :P

3) could you make a Reason box to appear with the Inline Edit? So that when a post is moderated, I don't have to use the Modify link to show a reason ... I could just write it below the edited post with the inline editor.

Great mod, anyway :)

ldk

I would love to see it show up with the inline editor too. I tried to figure it out myself but no luck.
see SMF put to the test at http://www.craftster.org/

greyknight17

Ran into a problem. I have a custom theme installed (Neon) on SMF 1.1.2. I edited all the files needed for the Reason For Editing Mod and tried to run that PHP install file, but got this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function db_query() in D:\wamp\www\SMF112\reasonforeditinginstall.php on line 3

That line it's referring to is just:

$request = db_query("

What's the problem here and how to get it working?

Thanks.

chep

function db_query should be defined inside smf112\sources\Subs.php

I don't know how to fix it. However if you cannot find that function inside Subs.php that would indicate the source of your problem. You could always try adding it back in there if it is missing or try installing on the core theme first...

EDIT:
Read a little closer and understand that you are not trying to install this via the package manager or even inside SMF. so....

You probably can't\shouldn't run "reasonforeditinginstall.php" outside of SMF because it needs to call into Subs.php to utilize the db_query function. It can't see that function unless it is run inside the SMF forum or you hacked it by including it somehow...

The first thing I would try is to install the package to the core theme. Then edit the other necessary theme files manually. If you do that then it should create the database tables for you and you would not need to run reasonforeditinginstall.php outside of SMF.

Otherwise if I was really desperate I would copy and paste that function out of subs.php then into reasonforeditinginstall.php and try it.... You could get lucky or it could get even more complicated though... Don't blame me if it doesn't work for you.

The whole error makes sense actually...

greyknight17

No problem. It will all be done on a test forum first before going live ;)

Should have done that earlier. Will run it on core theme so it runs the database query there. Thanks.

erlend_sh

• You should mention that it is also compatible with 1.1.3 (on the mod page)
  • It would be nice if the comment could support certain symbols, like " and '. Right now, if I write a message like "I'm" in the comment it returns "I\'m".

delta5

Will this mod work with 1.1.3?

delta5

This seems to install correctly on 1.1.3, but I cant get it to work, or find any settings for it. Any ideas?

Advertisement: