News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Reason For Editing Mod

Started by Nibogo, May 23, 2006, 12:44:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nibogo

Quote from: Kimmie on August 12, 2009, 12:04:24 AM
Installed this on RC1.2 and the only problem on istallation I had was what others had as well and that was it wont install the 2nd part on display.php (guessing its because when you parse the mod, there is an extra indentation on the parser than what is actually in the code so it cant find it). I installed that part manually and now the problem is, the only people that can see the box are admins and I dont have the settings in Features and Options to change it. I hav checked all the edits and they all seemed to install ok.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Set the permissions ;)

Kimmie

Quote from: NIBOGO on August 12, 2009, 03:33:51 PM
Quote from: Kimmie on August 12, 2009, 12:04:24 AM
Installed this on RC1.2 and the only problem on istallation I had was what others had as well and that was it wont install the 2nd part on display.php (guessing its because when you parse the mod, there is an extra indentation on the parser than what is actually in the code so it cant find it). I installed that part manually and now the problem is, the only people that can see the box are admins and I dont have the settings in Features and Options to change it. I hav checked all the edits and they all seemed to install ok.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Set the permissions ;)

Um..thats just it... I dont "have" those settings...lol

QuoteI dont have the settings in Features and Options to change it

Kimmie

Quote from: NIBOGO on August 13, 2009, 03:17:12 PM
In the membergroups permissions ;) ...lol

Um.. sorry but there are NO new settings under any groups permissions pertaining to the Reason To Edit mod, unless you are referring to the setting that says "Modify posts" which is the settnig that is a default setting of SMF and has nothing to do with this mod (its already set so that they can..lol). --- and there are NO settings under my Features and Options where I am suppsed to be able to set "who" sees the edits (such as just admins, etc). If I am not mistaken, isnt the one that is supposed to be under Features and Options the one that controls the mod?

Right now the ONLY people that can even SEE the box are admins.

This is what I am confused about:

QuoteAdded Permission for "Set Reason for Edit"

I have looked EVERYWHERE and there is nothing.

Please be just a tad more specific as I cant read minds..lol.

I have also been gettnig this error:

The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: var_edit_reason

Nibogo

You should see the permissions page...lol

and check a permission called "Set Reason for Edit"...lol

or look if you have any error re- installing the mod...lol

Regards...lol

Kimmie

Quote from: NIBOGO on August 14, 2009, 03:37:48 PM
You should see the permissions page...lol

and check a permission called "Set Reason for Edit"...lol

or look if you have any error re- installing the mod...lol

Regards...lol

geez.. your not getting what I am saying..lol

ok let me see if I can explain this in ENGLISH for you...lmao

I - do - not - have - that - setting - on - the - permissions - pages - for - ANY - membergroup. Nor - do - I - have - any - settings - page - related - to - this - mod - in - my - admin - panel.

Here, you can look for yourself..lol

And if you go back to oh.. page 15 and 16 of this thread, you see all those people having issues with Quick Edit? Guess What, mee too. Error is below.

The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: var_edit_reason
Function: modifyPost

File: /home//public_html/Sources/Subs-Post.php
Line: 2396

I also did not have any errors when I installed it the first time. Are you telling me I need to uninstall it and REINSTALL it?  (cant quite tell on that one..lol) If so, if I didnt have any errors on the initial install, why would I have any on the reinstall?

Mind telling WHERE this permissions page is supposed to be? 

Nibogo

WOW You are pretty smart, you still looking for a setting in Features and Setting when I already said that this was removed in the v2.0, also the re-installation can fix the problem in case that another mod change the code (really you are súper smart) also you should now where are the membergroups permissions, if you don't know it you should browse better an SMF System and them ask for support...lol

Regards ;)

Kimmie

Quote from: NIBOGO on August 15, 2009, 12:18:47 PM
WOW You are pretty smart, you still looking for a setting in Features and Setting when I already said that this was removed in the v2.0, also the re-installation can fix the problem in case that another mod change the code (really you are súper smart) also you should now where are the membergroups permissions, if you don't know it you should browse better an SMF System and them ask for support...lol

Regards ;)

well yes, I AM the smart one because you FAILED to read and understand what I have told you THREE times now and you either dont WANT to answer my questions or you CANT because YOU dont know..lmao.

ok look.. I have not JUST looked in features and settings - I have looked EVERYWHERE and guess what.. the setting is NOT THERE..lol. And YES I know exactly where my membergoup permissions are  lol. The setting is NOT there..lol.

Since I downloaded the latest version of this mod, HOW would reinstalling it help?  lol. Wouldnt it do the SAME installation?  lmao. There has not been another mod that has changed the code..lol. This mod has not worked since I first installed it and I have NOT added another mod to my site since.

Look.. the latest version...

And what about the errors this mod causes with the Quick Edit that a TON of people are having a problem with? You planning on fixing those anytime soon?

Geex, you have ALOT to learn when it comes to support and giving folks help when they ask for it. Your attitude is HORRIBLE and as been since teh first time I asked for help on this issue!!

CarreyCC

Hello, i love this mod, and i had the same problem when modified with "fast edit". I hop this solution resolve us the problem. I has solved and i'm happy now  :D

Replace this code

// Reason for Editing Mod
    $messages_columns['edit_reason'] = $msgOptions['edit_reason'];

For this

// Reason for Editing Mod
    if (!empty($msgOptions['edit_reason']))
        $messages_columns['edit_reason'] = $msgOptions['edit_reason'];

The next time you "fast edit", if the post yet have reason for edit, not touch the content (but you see empty, but if refresh appear again). Really the content not erase while you do "fast edit". To change the reason or delete, you must do "Normal edit".

Thans for the utility, and sorry by my bad english :(

bbmtalk

I am having errors with this and below are the error messages

8: Undefined index: reason_admin+mod

8: Undefined index: reason_anyone

8: Undefined index: reason_admin

Sources/ModSettings.php
Line: 270

Any help? Thanks!

villasg

Have errors :

http://www.************/index.php?action=featuresettings;sa=basic;sesc

file: /home/thai.gr/www/forum/Sources/ModSettings.php

line: 285

any help plz ?

Nibogo

Quote from: villasg on September 09, 2009, 12:20:01 PM
Have errors :

http://www.************/index.php?action=featuresettings;sa=basic;sesc

file: /home/thai.gr/www/forum/Sources/ModSettings.php

line: 285

any help plz ?

You have to remove the code from the v1 version

villasg

Quote from: NIBOGO on September 09, 2009, 04:10:06 PM

I dont  understunt you .

Please help me how can remove the old code ?
or if yoy can edit for me plz
I dont have the old pakage of mod .
And i dont know what need to remove !

Thanks

bbmtalk

Quote from: villasg on September 10, 2009, 03:32:35 AM
Quote from: NIBOGO on September 09, 2009, 04:10:06 PM

I dont  understunt you .

Please help me how can remove the old code ?
or if yoy can edit for me plz
I dont have the old pakage of mod .
And i dont know what need to remove !

Thanks

What NIBIGO said was to remove the following code from ModSettings.php

'',
// Who should we show a box to put the reason for a edit?
array('select', 'er_who', array('admin' => $txt['reason_admin'], 'admin+mod' => $txt['reason_admin+mod'], 'anyone' => $txt['reason_anyone'])),

I did the same and now it doesn't show any error anymore.

villasg

Thank you for the explain !

I made , check and work

Thanks again

Foreclosurepedia

smf 2.0 rc 1.2, playground ultimate theme, http://www.ibrr.org/forum

i have tried to run this mod on both the default core theme and my theme i use above.  i get the attached errors.

i spoke w/shortie's site that runs the playground theme and they said to speak w/you first.
Vincit Omnia Veritas

M-DVD

M-DVD

Advertisement: