Reason For Editing Mod

Started by Nibogo, May 23, 2006, 12:44:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

recived

Hi all. How can I make a forced entry causes of editing?

STS

Quote from: Yakumo on July 20, 2009, 04:47:49 PM
just downloaded Reason_for_Editing_v2.0.zip and im being told it's not compatible with my SMF 1.1.10 install?

I'm getting the same error... is there a reason? If so, is there a fix? This is a great option to have available.

CapadY

I have the same problem as Kimmie haves.

I installed the MOD manualy, but there is still no possibility to enter the reasen for editting anywhere. Neither for a moderator or an Administrator.

I checked al the usergroup permissions but I can't find the option to enable the editting MOD anywhere.

Maybe there is somebody who can tell me in what part of the permissions I have to look and wat part of the source I have to check to be sure this part is added in it ?

Thanks in advance

John
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Verso

This will not install on my forum.........

Reason1.PNG is the errors I receive

Reason2.PNG is the mods I have installed.

Can anyone advise to why I cannot install?

CapadY

It's a pitty the author of this MOD dont't react at all in this topic.

There are several problems in this MOD.
One of them is the name of an text variabele. In the code he uses "edit_reason" while in the language file the name "reason_edit" is used. So this will give a problem.

Another problem is in Subs_post. There the field "var_edit_reason" is tried to add to the message record but this field don't exist. This should be the field "edit_reason" but I have not find how to solve this because the fieldname is in a list en I didn't find where this list is filled.

So, don't use this MOD if you want a MOD that is working properly.

John

Maxtor

Quote from: Verso on October 16, 2009, 10:46:28 AM
This will not install on my forum.........

Reason1.PNG is the errors I receive

Reason2.PNG is the mods I have installed.

Can anyone advise to why I cannot install?

smf-2.x.xml file has a wrong syntax , try this !

PAPABEAR

fox0r

This just isn't showing for me.  The auto installer did everything find but Display.php so I did that one by hand.  No other errors.

It shows up when I go to edit a post, lets me put in a reason with no errors, but it does not show up on the post itself.  As far as I can tell everything installed correctly.

I got this error in my error logs:
       Apply Filter: Only show the errors of this type  Type of error: Undefined
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL http://hellestar.com/index.php?action=admin;area=packages;sa=install2;package=Reason_for_Editing_v2.0.zip;pid=0
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined variable: found
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /usr/home2/jpohlman/public_html/htss/Packages/temp/db_reason2.php
Line: 22

I checked the database in phpmyadmin and it did put the edit_reason column in messages.

I also have nothing in my admin panel for it.

Any ideas?

fox0r

I managed to fix it now showing... Still haven't found the permission for it, or fixed it why it isn't showing.

Joker™

First of all i wanna know anyone seeing this mod or not

as no one answering any questions over here

im also facing same prob.... only admins have reason for edit box appearing while editing

i have check all permissions very carefully n no such permission was there to enable >> reason for edit ....

also i have checked all display n permission files maually also n all were fine

hope this time someone reply for god sake...
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

CapadY

I think this MOD should be reported as Unsave and Un-supported.
A real lot of people are investing time to get it working, no-one will get it working, and also no support for it at all.
Even whem there are 2 places noticed in this topic whith problems in this MOD nobody will react on it.

Verso

Quote from: capady on November 12, 2009, 07:49:44 AM
I think this MOD should be reported as Unsave and Un-supported.
A real lot of people are investing time to get it working, no-one will get it working, and also no support for it at all.
Even whem there are 2 places noticed in this topic whith problems in this MOD nobody will react on it.

Use the fix that Maxtor has on his post a few up........

That works for me

Uhura!

NIBOGO,

I have all the permissions set up so that anyone signed into the forum has permission to add a reason edit, but only admin sees the reason box in "modify posts".

Can you help?
:) Our Parenting Spot is an online parenting community for fathers, mothers, grandparents, teachers, and family service professionals. 8) We also provide low cost advertising options for authors, family service providers, and businesses with family friendly products and services. ;D Visit us @ www.OurParentingSpot.net!

Sordell Media

Has anyone had any luck getting this to work for RC2?

CapadY

Are you kidding ? Even with 1.2 this MOD doesn't work and from here there is no support at all.

CapadY

And you suppose people will spend hours and hours again to get this MOD working without any support here for about two months ??????

Nibogo

Quote from: capady on November 20, 2009, 02:10:22 PM
And you suppose people will spend hours and hours again to get this MOD working without any support here for about two months ??????

Pfff

So you suppose that I take time from my studies (I´m finishing the school right now) just to upgrade a mod??? the mod is already done if you can't upgrade it isn't my problem just wait or pay for it

Nibogo

Here is the new package as I said, please take a look to the Permission Screenshot to see how works the new mod

Changelog:
2.2 - 22 Nov 2009
o Added Curve Support
o Added Support for SMF 2.0 RC2
o Fixed bug with the permission to use this mod.

islam2hamy

Nice One,

Arabic Translation :

Quote<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.arabic-utf8.php">
    <operation>
        <search position="end" />
            <add><![CDATA[
// Reason for editing mod
$txt['reason'] = 'السبب';
$txt['reason_edit'] = 'سبب التعديل';
$txt['permissionname_reason_edit'] = 'كتابت سبب التعديل';
$txt['permissionhelp_reason_edit'] = 'للسماح للأعضاء بكتابت سبب تعديل المشاركة الخاصة بهم.';
// Reason for editing mod END
]]></add>
    </operation>
</file>

Quote<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.arabic.php">
    <operation>
        <search position="end" />
            <add><![CDATA[
// Reason for editing mod
$txt['reason'] = 'السبب';
$txt['reason_edit'] = 'سبب التعديل';
$txt['permissionname_reason_edit'] = 'كتابت سبب التعديل';
$txt['permissionhelp_reason_edit'] = 'للسماح للأعضاء بكتابت سبب تعديل المشاركة الخاصة بهم.';
// Reason for editing mod END
]]></add>
    </operation>
</file>

Arabic Translator - Web Designer
My Mods / My Themes  //  GfxLand

Advertisement: