News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Reason For Editing Mod

Started by Nibogo, May 23, 2006, 12:44:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vyache

Hi,

RC2 User.

I found a bug in the install script (might not be),
./Sources/Display.php
id_msg, icon, subject, poster_time, poster_ip, id_member, modified_time, modified_name, body,

It should be:
m.id_msg, m.icon, m.subject, m.poster_time, m.poster_ip, m.id_member, m.modified_time, m.modified_name, m.body,
m.smileys_enabled, m.poster_name, m.poster_email, m.approved,

Install script won't work otherwise.

Also, the redirect isn't working right. I get sent to a blank page with this ending address:
index.php?admin;area=permissions;sa=index
Not totally blank, just no settings...

AjaxChat - SMF 2.0 RC2 Edition Download.
mrtrc266 ~AJAX Chat Intergration FAQ's & Tips-N-Tricks~

PalmBeachPreps

Installed well on RC2.  There's a problem with the automatic redirection after install though.

Smitten

Excuse me, i have a problem.

I installed the mod in 2.0 RC2. I checked all modifications and everything is fine but i have this error when i try to access in post page:

Unknown column 'edit_reason' in 'field list'
Archivo: Sources/Display.php
Línea: 994

Thanks for any help.

Smitten

Quote from: Smitten on November 28, 2009, 07:22:10 AM
Excuse me, i have a problem.

I installed the mod in 2.0 RC2. I checked all modifications and everything is fine but i have this error when i try to access in post page:

Unknown column 'edit_reason' in 'field list'
Archivo: Sources/Display.php
Línea: 994

Thanks for any help.

Sorry, i solved!

The problem was in my DB. I had to create the column in the "message" table as the install requires. I don't know why my DB don't acept files like "install.php"

Uhura!

Quote from: NIBOGO on November 23, 2009, 10:21:45 PM
Quote from: Uhura! on November 23, 2009, 09:50:44 PM
OK...I followed your instructions & the updated version successfully installed - but we're right back where we started...Only Admin can see and use the feature although everyone has been granted permission.

Pls help us poor lades @ Mom Spot out Nibogo ....Think of your mom :)

The mod was succesfully tested on my localhost in both version of SMF 1.1.10 & 2.0 RC2, works great on all the membergroups that I set the permission so isn't a problem with the mod I think of you didn't set the permission in the Membergroups Permissions (remember that the permission on the Forum Settings isn't used)

As I stated earlier, the Membergroup permissions are 100% set. Please see the attachment. The problem remains that Admin alone can see the feature and no one else can.

I have followed all your suggestions and this is still the problem. Please asist me.
:) Our Parenting Spot is an online parenting community for fathers, mothers, grandparents, teachers, and family service professionals. 8) We also provide low cost advertising options for authors, family service providers, and businesses with family friendly products and services. ;D Visit us @ www.OurParentingSpot.net!

adbrad

I tried installing this on my RC2 forum using v2.2 but get an error on install in display.php. the following code does not exist in my display .php
  id_msg, icon, subject, poster_time, poster_ip, id_member, modified_time, modified_name, body, 

The rest of the code installs fine and the mod works apart from reason for edit is not showing on posts.

thanks

adbrad

SELECT id_msg, id_member, approved

is the nearest i can find on line 920 do i edit this line

ok i tryed editing but to no avail what ever i edit i get this

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'FROM smf_messages
WHERE id_topic = 3
ORDER BY id_msg
LIMIT 0, 15' at line 2
File: /home/sites/xxxxxxxxxxxx.com/public_html/forum2/Sources/Display.php
Line: 933

I attach my display.php could some one please take alook

Thanks

Sordell Media

Quote from: Uhura! on November 28, 2009, 11:40:28 AM
Quote from: NIBOGO on November 23, 2009, 10:21:45 PM
Quote from: Uhura! on November 23, 2009, 09:50:44 PM
OK...I followed your instructions & the updated version successfully installed - but we're right back where we started...Only Admin can see and use the feature although everyone has been granted permission.

Pls help us poor lades @ Mom Spot out Nibogo ....Think of your mom :)

The mod was succesfully tested on my localhost in both version of SMF 1.1.10 & 2.0 RC2, works great on all the membergroups that I set the permission so isn't a problem with the mod I think of you didn't set the permission in the Membergroups Permissions (remember that the permission on the Forum Settings isn't used)

As I stated earlier, the Membergroup permissions are 100% set. Please see the attachment. The problem remains that Admin alone can see the feature and no one else can.

I have followed all your suggestions and this is still the problem. Please asist me.

Can you try on the main permissions screen (where all the member groups are listed), clicking the checkboxes next to each of your desired membergroups, then in advanced options selecting "Add Permission" and "Set Reason For Edit" (under Topics heading). I enabled it this way for Regular Members member group and it worked perfectly.
Also check one of your regular users permissions (Profile -> Profile Info -> Permissions) and look for the Set Reason For Edit permission under the "Board Specific Permissions" for all boards, and make sure its not struck out (indicating its being denied by another permissions setting).

LP-san

Hi,

I installed the mod but there seems to be a problem with the display page
the bar shows when you want to edit but it won't show the reason why you edited in your post :s
i found that very weird hope you can help

forum: 2.0 RC2
theme: default

aaa3

i have enabled the thing for all usergroups. i use 2.0rc2 with curve. the thing dont let making new posts at all with either admin or regular user. with admin i get a detailed error:

Database Error
Field 'edit_reason' doesn't have a default value
File: C:\web\contents\FORVM\Sources\Subs-Post.php
Line: 1830

after uninstall i still have the same... i have other packs installed as well, but i dont think any of them would produce an error like this o.O (neither is about editing posts, adding reason to it)

diablo3x.dk

Quote from: aaa3 on December 14, 2009, 04:28:12 PM
i have enabled the thing for all usergroups. i use 2.0rc2 with curve. the thing dont let making new posts at all with either admin or regular user. with admin i get a detailed error:

Database Error
File: C:\web\contents\FORVM\Sources\Subs-Post.php
Line: 1830

after uninstall i still have the same... i have other packs installed as well, but i dont think any of them would produce an error like this o.O (neither is about editing posts, adding reason to it)

I get the exact same error.

File: E:\HostingSpaces\xxxxxxxxxxxx\forum.diablo3x.dk_9Rhj6b4j\wwwroot\Sources\Subs-Post.php
Line: 1828

I tried uninstalling it but it did not help. I still get this error.

What should I do?

Thanks

aaa3

after deleting every file's such version in my forum directory which had this text in it, i guessed, ok, this thing must"ve been putting such a field into the database.

doing another search with total commander but now in the data directory of my mysql install, i found 1 file which contained that string: smf_messages. yay! now what i done was opening phpmyadmin, selecting that table, and figure out how to remove that field (almost never used this program before. it took 2 minutes to find out how to do this ^^).

voila! i could post!!!!!!
this shows that actually if i reinstall the whole thing from zero (as i planned, was rly hopeless), even that wouldnt have helped.

Cafucho

Have some problem too.  :'(

I cannot modify the Admin Permissions, because the Admin do have all permissions. Therefore I dont know what to do now, is there any other possibility?

I'm using SMF 2.0 RC2 and the default theme.

Thanks in advance.

PalmBeachPreps

Quote from: LP-san on December 14, 2009, 09:49:46 AM
Hi,

I installed the mod but there seems to be a problem with the display page
the bar shows when you want to edit but it won't show the reason why you edited in your post :s
i found that very weird hope you can help

forum: 2.0 RC2
theme: default
Same here.

adbrad

Quote from: adbrad on December 01, 2009, 06:30:13 PM
SELECT id_msg, id_member, approved

is the nearest i can find on line 920 do i edit this line

ok i tryed editing but to no avail what ever i edit i get this

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'FROM smf_messages
WHERE id_topic = 3
ORDER BY id_msg
LIMIT 0, 15' at line 2
File: /home/sites/xxxxxxxxxxxx.com/public_html/forum2/Sources/Display.php
Line: 933

I attach my display.php could some one please take alook

Thanks

i have now fixed the problem or at least seem to have

Vyache

Quote from: Vyache on November 25, 2009, 01:59:06 AM
Hi,

RC2 User.

I found a bug in the install script (might not be),
./Sources/Display.php

It should be:
m.id_msg, m.icon, m.subject, m.poster_time, m.poster_ip, m.id_member, m.modified_time, m.modified_name, m.body,
m.smileys_enabled, m.poster_name, m.poster_email, m.approved,

Install script won't work otherwise.

Also, the redirect isn't working right. I get sent to a blank page with this ending address:
index.php?admin;area=permissions;sa=index
Not totally blank, just no settings...

Okay, I discovered a nasty bug by adding an m.editing_reason. After removing several mods and looking at the code, it looks like adding this mod or that line messes up selecting an icon off my messages. This is located in the picture in the attachment.

Basically I cannot change the picture of the icon after installing the mod this way. Don't do what I did to avoid error. :D

AjaxChat - SMF 2.0 RC2 Edition Download.
mrtrc266 ~AJAX Chat Intergration FAQ's & Tips-N-Tricks~

MegaByte

This doesn't seem to install on PostgreSQL:

ERROR: syntax error at or near "FROM"
LINE 3: FROM smf_messages
^
File: /web/forums/Packages/temp/db_reason2.php
Line: 19

Amendoim

Good night,

This MOD gives rise to a serious error in editing messages (fast edits) appears to change rapidly, one after editing but nothing appears, is the same as before you edited ..

It is a BUG generated, and you can not uninstall because desinstalaçã causes some errors etc. ..
Please ask to correct this error, and to test .. but also taking advantage of correcting the error of remensionar after installing the MOD ..

Thanks
Versão 2.0 RC2 Portuguese_Pt

Simple Portal 2.3 Portuguese_Pt

Em crescimento na programação :)

http://www.gamextuga.com

Advertisement: