News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Reason For Editing Mod

Started by Nibogo, May 23, 2006, 12:44:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joker™

Quote from: LP-san on December 14, 2009, 09:49:46 AM
Hi,

I installed the mod but there seems to be a problem with the display page
the bar shows when you want to edit but it won't show the reason why you edited in your post :s
i found that very weird hope you can help

forum: 2.0 RC2
theme: default

same problem

is anyone doing anything about this  ????????????????????????????
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

adbrad

did the edits in the ./sources/display.php file get done as this is similar to the problem i had.
are you also using the advanced rep mod.

Joker™

Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

adbrad

ok try this in the display.php file
find
m.id_msg, m.icon, m.subject, m.poster_time, m.poster_ip, m.id_member, m.modified_time, m.modified_name, m.body,
replace
m.id_msg, m.icon, m.subject, m.poster_time, m.poster_ip, m.id_member, m.modified_time, m.modified_name, m.body, edit_reason,

Joker™

Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

adbrad

Joker™

yeah tried everything n this doesn't see to work on my side
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

adbrad

Joker™

np bro .... i dont want to be harsh but out of curiosity i just wanna ask why mod author is not really providing any real support ?
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Joker™

this mod has one more bug

On message index when you double click the title of a topic, the loading bar appears u can edit the title also , but when u click to save the loading bar don't disappear.

So u can't chnage topic titles there ..... i'm having this problem ....
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Nibogo

Changelog:
2.3 - 13 Feb 2010 - If you are using SMF 1.1.X you don't need to upgrade
o Fixed bug with the installation. (Only for SMF 2.0)
o Fixed "Field 'edit_reason' doesn't have a default value". (Only for SMF 2.0)
o Fixed Issues editing messages using JS (Like Quick Edit, Change Title on Messageindex and Change Message Icon). (Only for SMF 2.0)
o Fixed Redirect after installation. (Only for SMF 2.0)

I hope of this fix all the issues related with this mod. I tested and works pretty well on my forum :)

About the future maybe I'm going to add a option to set the reason for edit on Quick Edit.

edi67

Please NIBOGO help me i unistalled old versione ( that worked and installed perfectly) for try new one but i have this error:

Table 'crazyzone_ediboard.{db_prefix}messages' doesn't exist
File: /home/crazyzone/data/www/crazyzone.biz/Packages/temp/db_reason2.php
Riga: 23

i using smf rc1.... why i can't install new version, and pity i deleted old version

seem as when file db_reason2.php try to add coloums in table messages it not find table messages but i have that table

For install your mod i needed to remove the file that create coulumn in table messages, i dont know the reason that creation of table give me error.

But installed without that work ok....
but you know the reason of my error?
CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

Nibogo

Try to manually add the edit_reason column to the messages table using phpmyadmin but no idea why isn't working if you uploaded to the same dir of SSI.php you should be able to execute the script using your webbrowser

moofy

Hi,

I'm trying to install this mod on my forum with the non default theme

As per the manual instructions I edited the index.template.php file for my theme and replaced

<body>';

with

<body '.((isset($context['current_action']) && ($context['current_action'] == 'post') && (isset($context['current_topic']))) ? 'onLoad="post_mquotes();"' : '').'>';

I get a template parse error about there being an unexpected < in my file.

Any thoughts?

moofy

Quote from: NIBOGO on March 20, 2010, 10:05:31 AM
@moofy: This is the support topic for the reason editing mod not for the Multi-Quote Mod
Then why does the multi-quote mod link this thread as the support topic?

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2360

If there is another topic for this mod could you direct me to it?

thanks

Nibogo

A little preview of what is coming:

So far I have only one problem, when you set a new reason for edit and if you don't change the subject or body of the message the current reason dissapear and if you change subject or/and body the new reason doesn't appear. Both errors can be fixed just refreshing the page, I'll test and see if there is a way to fix it in case that I don't find it I'll publish the version with this bugs.

Advertisement: