News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Reason For Editing Mod

Started by Nibogo, May 23, 2006, 12:44:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matiaz

Thanks for the mod NIBOGO. I'll waiting for Reason for Editing Mod on Quick Edit ;D

adbrad

Quote from: NIBOGO on March 24, 2010, 08:03:41 PM
A little preview of what is coming:

So far I have only one problem, when you set a new reason for edit and if you don't change the subject or body of the message the current reason dissapear and if you change subject or/and body the new reason doesn't appear. Both errors can be fixed just refreshing the page, I'll test and see if there is a way to fix it in case that I don't find it I'll publish the version with this bugs.
is this gonna be another paid mod or free mod

matiaz

Bobn

I set permissions for the mod and see the "Reason for Edit" box but it will not take. Im using RC2

Bobn

Quote from: Bobn on April 11, 2010, 11:11:56 AM
I set permissions for the mod and see the "Reason for Edit" box but it will not take. Im using RC2

Anyone please?

matiaz

Neo_TE

Quote from: Nibogo on April 05, 2010, 05:59:03 PM
Free Mod, I was working on it but I saw that no-one reply or comment about it so I stop the development as I saw that no-one was interested in that feature
lot of people are using this mod but no one is asking for this new feature because they never bother to visit the support forum until they encounter an error. i am also looking for that feature.

Neo_TE

For people who are having problem with smf 2.0 rc versions then do the following edit.

browse to $/Sources/Display.php

find
m.id_msg, m.icon, m.subject, m.poster_time, m.poster_ip, m.id_member, m.modified_time, m.modified_name, m.body,

replace
m.id_msg, m.icon, m.subject, m.poster_time, m.poster_ip, m.id_member, m.modified_time, m.modified_name, m.body, m.edit_reason,

we need to add m.edit_reason, (don't miss the ',' at the end of the line) to the end of the line so that the reason for edit will also be fetched from the database.

@ mod author, please fix the bug and a big thanks for the mod. :D

devoetbalkantine

Quote from: Sordell Media on December 01, 2009, 07:23:44 PM
Quote from: Uhura! on November 28, 2009, 11:40:28 AM
Quote from: NIBOGO on November 23, 2009, 10:21:45 PM
Quote from: Uhura! on November 23, 2009, 09:50:44 PM
OK...I followed your instructions & the updated version successfully installed - but we're right back where we started...Only Admin can see and use the feature although everyone has been granted permission.

Pls help us poor lades @ Mom Spot out Nibogo ....Think of your mom :)

The mod was succesfully tested on my localhost in both version of SMF 1.1.10 & 2.0 RC2, works great on all the membergroups that I set the permission so isn't a problem with the mod I think of you didn't set the permission in the Membergroups Permissions (remember that the permission on the Forum Settings isn't used)

As I stated earlier, the Membergroup permissions are 100% set. Please see the attachment. The problem remains that Admin alone can see the feature and no one else can.

I have followed all your suggestions and this is still the problem. Please asist me.

Can you try on the main permissions screen (where all the member groups are listed), clicking the checkboxes next to each of your desired membergroups, then in advanced options selecting "Add Permission" and "Set Reason For Edit" (under Topics heading). I enabled it this way for Regular Members member group and it worked perfectly.
Also check one of your regular users permissions (Profile -> Profile Info -> Permissions) and look for the Set Reason For Edit permission under the "Board Specific Permissions" for all boards, and make sure its not struck out (indicating its being denied by another permissions setting).

This solved the problem for me. Thanks!

HunterP

Quote from: dampier on April 22, 2007, 02:16:48 PMA while after my first edit, I needed to make another change. The Reason For Edit box was blank, but that didn't bother me. I assumed that my original edit reason would remain at the bottom of the post. It didn't.
Is there a way to make the Reason For Edit box default to the reason previously entered? Or make the reason persist unless changed?

Any chance that this could be added some day?

ACPh

Great Mods, and I am using it with my 1.1.12,

Any chance for ver 2rc4?

[edit]
re: 2rc4
Runs using emulation,
Admin>Main>Packages(Package Manager)>Browse Packages>Advanced(Located @ right buttom)
Change, Emulate Version:  SMF 2.0 RC3

impreza

Portal ToTemat.pl - treści w postaci artykułów i filmów tematycznych.

!RFAN

Advertisement: