Reason For Editing Mod

Started by Nibogo, May 23, 2006, 12:44:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BonoVox

I fixed it by trying to unistall it, so I was able to see if there was an error and indeed there was, something in Display Template.php of the theme.

PS: I checked every page but I couldn't find anything related to the reason for edit in quick reply, how can I do it?

Ninja ZX-10RR

I wonder why you could do it like that. You said you installed it with no errors but since you uninstalled and it had errors you surely installed it ignoring the red warning...

Btw I'm glad you got it working. No clues about the "quick reply", no clues about what you are talking about...
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

BonoVox

Kindred

no. there will be no "reason for edit" field on the quick edit option....  there can not be, given the fact that it uses ajax and only loads the minimum
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

bryantdl7

Sorry for bumping an old post; I was wondering if  anyone has made this mod work with SMF 2.0.10.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Livaco

[quote from: nubogo on September 22, 2015, 12:22:10 AM]User version emulate, it should work just fine.[/quote]
It doesent, I tried it and got: The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Saxon044

I just tried installing this mod on 2.0.10. I had to change emulation to SMF 2.0 RC4 to allow installation but then it installed without error and I was able to edit and add a reason. However, on creating a new post all users got:

Field 'edit_reason' doesn't have a default value

I uninstalled the mod but the error remained. I have dropped the 'edit_reason' field from the database and posting is now working normally. Any thoughts?

Saxon044

Thank you for your response. I don't have a smf_posts table, although I do have smf_messages which is where I dropped the edit_reason field. This field was already blank, which it would be because I hadn't entered any edit reasons, so in phpMyAdmin what (precisely) should the default value of the field be set to? I am puzzled that the mod installation doesn't take care of this automatically, after all, my failed installation killed my forum until I was able to untangle it.

I am wary of trying to reinstall the mod without fully understanding what and why it went wrong the first time.

margarett

Quote from: Saxon044 on January 04, 2016, 11:10:56 AM
what and why it went wrong the first time.
MySQL newest versions added some requisites (strict modes especially) that didn't exist by the time the MOD was developed ;) In strict mode text fields need a default value when that wasn't the case before.
That's why the installer doesn't "take care of it automatically", it requires an update really.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Saxon044

Ah so, that makes sense, thank you  :)

Because this is potentially a forum killer, perhaps the mod should be flagged as unsafe until it is updated?

aegersz

I believe this won't fit if the Post History mod and i want that more ... pity though
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

MensaMod

Long ago on a release far away, we'd installed and then uninstalled this mod.  Apparently the uninstall process (or our own negligence) failed to remove the edit_reason column that the install process had added to the messages table.  Worse, that column had a default value of None.  That was OK until our hosting service upleveled our mySQL, which suddenly became too proud to allow us to update the table.

Thanks to y'all's discussion earlier on this thread, plus some help from the hosting service support team, we identified the problem and fixed it by dropping that column.

You have our gratitude.

MacRR

Quote from: Nibogo on September 22, 2015, 12:22:10 AM
Quote from: bryantdl7 on September 14, 2015, 10:25:13 AM
Sorry for bumping an old post; I was wondering if  anyone has made this mod work with SMF 2.0.10.

User version emulate, it should work just fine.

Hey, this will work in Reason for Editing Mod SMF 2.0.12 version?
What should I do that I get to work?

Thank you!

pocttopus

Quote from: MacRR on November 07, 2016, 09:51:44 AM
Quote from: Nibogo on September 22, 2015, 12:22:10 AM
Quote from: bryantdl7 on September 14, 2015, 10:25:13 AM

User version emulate, it should work just fine.

Hey, this will work in Reason for Editing Mod SMF 2.0.12 version?
What should I do that I get to work?

Thank you!
It works without any issues.  ;)

MacRR

Hey, thanks for the reply. I do not understand how it works? How can I enable it?

Thank you!

Advertisement: