News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Reason For Editing Mod

Started by Nibogo, May 23, 2006, 12:44:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pocttopus

Is there any way to fix this issue?
In attachment there is Display.php file uploaded.

pocttopus

I had reinstalled the mod and now it works!

jack208

Just noted one behaviour of the mod...
1) Let's say we've edited one post, and updated the Reason for Edit2) If we now try to modify the same post, the Reason for Edit field is shown as empty
Can the mod be updated to populate the Reason for Edit with existing text value instead of starting as a blank field?

Nibogo

Quote from: jack208 on July 25, 2018, 09:43:08 AM
Just noted one behaviour of the mod...
1) Let's say we've edited one post, and updated the Reason for Edit2) If we now try to modify the same post, the Reason for Edit field is shown as empty
Can the mod be updated to populate the Reason for Edit with existing text value instead of starting as a blank field?

You would have to include that in the code Jack, this isn't how the mod was designed in first place since every edit is possibly for different reasons.

shadav

I got this installed onto 2.0.15
question though...
how can I show the reason for editing? It's not showing up anywhere on the post after editing and putting the reason for editing....

Kindred

WHat is the courtesy edit time setting?

It looks like you may have edited the post before edits are tracked
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

shadav

Quote from: Kindred on August 21, 2019, 01:15:43 PM
WHat is the courtesy edit time setting?

It looks like you may have edited the post before edits are tracked
hm... 90 seconds, so then after that time it will appear or i have to wait until after that time for it to work?

Kindred

you have to wait to edit the post until after that time...

the other option might be that you are using a theme other than the default theme and forgot to install the mod into that theme
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

shadav

I still haven't been able to get this to work...
I checked my db, it was added there.... I've gone through and made sure that everything was added.....
when I edit a post the box is there to put the reason for editing, but it never displays on the post after saving...
2.0.15 using the nightbreeze theme, even on the curve theme it doesn't show up

kapt

When I do quick edit, Edit Reason does not appear. Can you add edit reason for quick edit?

Advertisement: