News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Reason For Editing Mod

Started by Nibogo, May 23, 2006, 12:44:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winrules

Quote from: littleone on June 10, 2006, 02:06:09 PM
Quote$posterOptions = array();

if (time() - $row['posterTime'] > $modSettings['edit_wait_time'] || $ID_MEMBER != $row['ID_MEMBER'])
      {
         $msgOptions['modify_time'] = time();
         $msgOptions['modify_name'] = addslashes($user_info['name']);
      }
      $msgOptions['edit_reason'] = addslashes(strtr(htmlspecialchars($_POST['edit_reason']), array("\r" => '', "\n" => '', "\t" => '')));

modifyPost($msgOptions, $topicOptions, $posterOptions);

// Changing the first subject updates other subjects to 'Re: new_subject'.

The red line is 2263
OK, I will fix that in th next version.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods
Please do not PM me for support.

littleone

ok when you do, can you post the code fix here, so I can just go in and edit that one piece?  Thanks ;)

Vinspire

Winrules, manage to fix it already :)

winrules

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

winrules

Version 1.12 has been released! This version fixes a bug with 8: Undefined index: edit_reason errors in the error log.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

Vinspire

winrules, I've updated my version to 1.12. Its working perfectly. Thank you  :D :D :D

geezmo

I installed and uninstalled this mod before and now that i want to re-install it, I'm getting an error that the tables are already in the db. Can you tell me what to do with the existing tables so I can properly install this mod? I think these tables are "edit_reason" and "er_who"

DemonicInfluence

winrules

Quote from: geezmo on June 12, 2006, 11:49:02 AM
I installed and uninstalled this mod before and now that i want to re-install it, I'm getting an error that the tables are already in the db. Can you tell me what to do with the existing tables so I can properly install this mod? I think these tables are "edit_reason" and "er_who"
It's just the edit_reason. Go to phpmyadmin and delete it.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

littleone

Quote from: winrules on June 11, 2006, 11:26:36 AM
Version 1.12 has been released! This version fixes a bug with 8: Undefined index: edit_reason errors in the error log.

fixed it.  Works perfectly.  Thanks ;)

geezmo

I dropped edit_reason but the er_who table still creates a prob. Here's the error:

Duplicate entry 'er_who' for key 1
File: /home/mysite/public_html/forum/Packages/temp/reasonforeditinginstall.php
Line: 3

winrules

Quote from: geezmo on June 12, 2006, 07:38:19 PM
I dropped edit_reason but the er_who table still creates a prob. Here's the error:

Duplicate entry 'er_who' for key 1
File: /home/mysite/public_html/forum/Packages/temp/reasonforeditinginstall.php
Line: 3
Oh. er_who isn't a table, it's a row. In the settings table, drop the row for variable er_who.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

geezmo

That's the thing, I can't seem to find the er_who row in smf_settings table. (It's not really there, it's not about me being unable to find the row). What query can I run in mySQL that can hopefully address this er_who problem?

winrules

Quote from: geezmo on June 12, 2006, 08:37:10 PM
That's the thing, I can't seem to find the er_who row in smf_settings table. (It's not really there, it's not about me being unable to find the row). What query can I run in mySQL that can hopefully address this er_who problem?

DELETE FROM `{$db_prefix}settings` WHERE `variable` = 'er_who' LIMIT 1

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

geezmo

That did it. Thanks very much for the help. :)

PrizeLive.com

Installed smoothly. Thanks!
Get Paid Instantly via PayPal (or other options) at PrizeLive.com!

perplexed

I just installed on my test site and I entered a reason for editing the post, but where is the reason displayed?  I cant see it anywhere?

PrizeLive.com

I made a screenshot for you.. It's displayed on the bottom of the post..

Get Paid Instantly via PayPal (or other options) at PrizeLive.com!

winrules

Quote from: perplexed on July 14, 2006, 12:32:47 PM
I just installed on my test site and I entered a reason for editing the post, but where is the reason displayed?  I cant see it anywhere?
Also here is a close-up: http://mods.simplemachines.org/index.php?action=download;mod=349;id=15976;image :)

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

perplexed

hey thanks for that, I tried it again and the reason is there, but it didnt show up yesterday.  maybe my fault

~thanks

Advertisement: