Migrating a database to a new server?

Started by AthensBoy, April 06, 2004, 06:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AthensBoy

Hello everybody!

I'm having a problem with migrating my forum database onto a new server. I tried doing a straight upload (not always the best solution, but I thought I would try it) and I found out after a few days that, although the database was running on the server it was still serving all the images and whatnot off of the old server.

So I wiped the new database (keeping a copy of the backup of the database away from everything I was doing) and did a fresh install of the Beta 4.1. Everything installed just fine and then, when I went to put the backup into the database which went fine using phpMyAdmin, I get this message:

"Notice: Undefined index: theme_template_error in /home/giabp/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 816"

I've tried to install it a couple of different times and scoured the forums and tried the solutions that I found dealing with this specific message and nothing has worked. Everything is uploaded and there on the server, but I'm still getting this problem. :(

Sorry to take so long to get to the point, but what I'm wondering is if there is something that I'm doing wrong or something that I'm not doing that I need to be doing or if this is something that I need to spend more time looking at MySQL's website for.

Thanks in advance! :D

[Unknown]

Converters and Tools: http://www.simplemachines.org/download.php?converters

Just put it in the forum's directory and access it with a web browser.

-[Unknown]

AthensBoy

YAY!!!

You probably get this a lot, but you're awesome. Thank you!  :D

Advertisement: