News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Found little bugs in Admin panel

Started by comm_id, April 06, 2004, 07:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

comm_id

I'm not sure if this have been noticed before but I just downloaded the latest version so the bugs are present in it.

1) Enter admin panel
2) Click on Manage Boards
3) Click on 'permissions' near any board

You are taken to a screen called: Manage Permissions

Errors:

a) If you click on the 'Modify' link near any member group name, you get an error saying:

QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!
The board you specified doesn't exist 

I *beleive* that this link was supposed to be the same one as in the "Edit Permissions" link.
The "error" link is pointing to: index.php?action=permissions;sa=modify;id=-1;boardid=1
While the "edit permissions" link for the same groupd is pointing to: index.php?action=permissions;sa=modify;id=-1

I'm not sure if I missed something but I can't figure anything out about that "modify" link.

b) After clicking on "Manage Boards" --> "permissions" (for any board), the "Has Access" column is greyed and unselectable. Again, I *beleive* this has to do with the groups permissions. Over the last column of that screen, there is a check box to select the entire row. Checking that box will select them all - along with the greyed area ("has access"). Same thing if you then unselect it.

I'm not sure if this is really a bug but I was unable to figure out what it's needed for. I'll stand corrected if anyone could explain to me what it is :)

Thanks

[Unknown]

Don't worry about it.  Use the "modify" under board management to change access permissions.

-[Unknown]

comm_id

What if I'd want to give specific permissions on some boards?

i.e.: Guest group

Forum 1 : Guest group can read AND post
Forum 2: Guest group can read but NOT post

Douglas

Then you need to edit the local permissions for that board.
Doug Hazard
* Full Stack (Web) Developer for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond
(20+ Diocesan sites, 130+ Church sites & 24 School sites)
* Sports Photographer and Media Personality
* CFB Historian
* Tech Admin for one 1M+ post, one 2M+ post and one 10M+ post sites (last two are powered by multiple servers)
* WordPress Developer (Junkie / Guru / Maven / whatever)

[Unknown]

Currently, you need to click the word "local" next to the board's name under "edit permissions".

-[Unknown]

eFishie

It's not hard, just extremely time-consuming. Fix it, please. :)
--Jon

Abstraction Point Electronic Music Community - We don't bite! Really! I promise!

Check out my newest song: Alive

comm_id

Quote from: [Unknown] on April 06, 2004, 10:43:30 PM
Currently, you need to click the word "local" next to the board's name under "edit permissions".

-[Unknown]

Now I see :)
Thanks.

I suppose this will be "arranged" in future releases so we shouldnt try to "modify" it ourself :)

Advertisement: