News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

settings_bak.php

Started by rtb, April 07, 2004, 02:35:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rtb

I just made a clean test install of smf1.4.1 and it works fine.  I want to now upgrade my yabb 1.5.5 to smf.

I uploaded/overwritten all the files to the current yabb directory. But the upgrade package doesnt have settings_bak.php file included so, of course,thats missing ! Should I just upload the file from the 1.4.1 install package ? or is it gonna cause  problems ?  ???

I get this message when I try to run upgrade.php.
SMF Upgrade Utility
The upgrader was unable to obtain write access to Settings_bak.php.
If you are using a linux or unix based server, please ensure that the file is chmod'd to 777.
If your server is running Windows, please ensure that the internet guest account has the proper permissions on it.

Beaman

You can use the 4.1 unaltered one and rename it as settings_bak.php and upload it or you can copy and paste the info of the current YaBB udgraded one into notepad and save as settings_bak.php .
When the day comes that my internet connection fails, is the day I return back to reality. *Ewww*

rtb

I uploaded 1.4.1 install version of the file and it worked ! Wow I was expecting a complicated process in the upgrade compared to a new install, but its just 2 clicks and done !

This is awesome ! Hats off to SMF team ! Great work !

Nitro

hey sounds like you already set it up from yabb to smf. i have been trying to do it but i cannot! my questions is, are you supposed to upload your files in the same folders on and over write the ones from Yabb? i am really confused. the upgrade version is really consufing as well.

so this is what i'd like to know and perhaps you can tell me, what steps did you do to install SMF over Yabb, i already know about the stp program i just don't know where to put the files too.

thank you sooooo much!!!
mrichard
[email protected]
MPF Rocks!!!

[Unknown]

Advertisement: