News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Converting theme from yabbse issues

Started by ms_ukyankee, April 07, 2004, 04:43:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ms_ukyankee

No help required, but just to make note.

On a test run, latest upgrade version 4.1 (mar 28), in converting the theme from yabb gold > yabbse > smf, the converted theme has two issues that I noticed right away.

At the top of the pages, there appears a
Quote">
, which I think might be this line <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" />">

I'm not sure where in the conversion process that happened, but it would be nice to have fixed in future versions. Just pointing it out.

Also, the login on the index page doesn't show in the converted template. I can work out adding it from [Unknown]'s great tutorial thread, http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=1967.0

Are we meant to need to add this login by hand? It should be default I think, as there is a setting to enable/disable.
SMF since 2004 <3

[Unknown]

I've already fixed the second issue, I'm not clear on the second.

-[Unknown]

ms_ukyankee

Quote from: [Unknown] on April 07, 2004, 07:09:59 AM
I've already fixed the second issue, I'm not clear on the second.

-[Unknown]

I'm not clear on what was fixed and what you're not clear on. ;)
SMF since 2004 <3

[Unknown]

LOL, I meant the first.  Sorry, just woke up not long ago.

I have already fixed the "> issue.  That was the first.  I meant to say first :P.

The second issue, the one I'm not clear on, probbably hasn't been fixed.  I'm not sure which login you mean.

-[Unknown]

ms_ukyankee

Okay, and good morning. ;)

There is an option to enable the vb style login on the board index, the one at the bottom, however on this converted template, it doesn't appear at all, even when the option is ticked to display it. Unless I'm somehow misunderstanding the meaning of the vb style login.
SMF since 2004 <3

[Unknown]

Can I see a copy of your old template?

-[Unknown]

ms_ukyankee

Presumably this would be it.

Sorry, attachment problems. I'm trying attach a 2.06kb zip and it's saying it's too large.

Edit: @[Unknown] - hope you don't mind I emailed it, thanks.
SMF since 2004 <3

[Unknown]

I don't see a <yabb vbStyleLogin> anywhere in that...

-[Unknown]

ms_ukyankee

Okay, pretend I don't know anything about yabbse templates, is that a yabbse tag that is normally in a yabbse template?
SMF since 2004 <3

[Unknown]

Well, yes, it's what shows the little login thing you're saying wasn't converted...

-[Unknown]

ms_ukyankee

Okay, so I can insert that tag into the yabbse template before it is converted to smf then, and that will take care of it. Or add it after. Which is easier?

Thank you. :)
SMF since 2004 <3

[Unknown]

Hmm, probably add before and then convert... but it's not that hard to copy and paste it in :P ;).

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: