News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

2 warnings after clean install ?

Started by riekl, April 08, 2004, 06:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

riekl

Warning: Unknown(): open(/tmp\sess_2a23c9b17246de400c07abdf238d1cdb, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0
Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0PHP Warning: session_start(): open(/tmp\sess_2a23c9b17246de400c07abdf238d1cdb, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in c:\founders\index.php on line 94

Any ideas ?

Chris Cromer

If you are your own host, open up php.ini and look for "session.save_path" and change that value to a directory that does exist and is writeable.

For instance mine is set to: "C:/Apache2/temp".

If you are not the host, you need to contact them and ask them to fix the session.save_path in php.ini.
Chris Cromer

"I was here, here I was, was I here, sure I was" - The little voice in my head.

Chris Cromer

It will be fixed in the next versions of PHP... so why are you pointing him to that? Until the new versions come out and are stabalized we can't exactly tell them to ugprade to it. ;)
Chris Cromer

[Unknown]

Quote from: Chris Cromer on April 08, 2004, 11:22:37 AM
It will be fixed in the next versions of PHP... so why are you pointing him to that? Until the new versions come out and are stabalized we can't exactly tell them to ugprade to it. ;)

I was just saying, "and this is a bug in PHP that has been fixed."

-[Unknown]

Chris Cromer

I didn't think it was fixed in PHP 4.3.5? I was assuming it would be in PHP 4.3.6... but it's still RC, not finalized.
Chris Cromer

Advertisement: