Started by snork13, June 01, 2006, 02:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snork13

Link to Mod
Name: Active Members In Topic
Version: 1.3
Author: Snork13
Email: [email protected]

Description: Active Members In Topic Mod - adds a feature to the display template which allows the ability to show which members posted in a topic, how many times, and order by lowest posts in the topic to highest.

Files edited:

Sources/Display.php     
Sources/ManagePermissions.php    
Sources/ModSettings.php    
Themes/default/Display.template.php
Themes/default/index.template.php        
Themes/default/languages/Help.english.php
Themes/default/languages/index.english.php   
Themes/default/languages/ManagePermissions.english.php    
Themes/default/languages/ModSettings.english.php    
Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php

1 database change via add_setting.php

Features:

Mod may be turned on/off via admin->(Configuration)->Features and Options->Layout and Options.
Ability to show/count post in topic controlled via admin->(Configuration)->Features and Options->Layout and Options.
Permissions to view based on usergroup
Members linked to profile
Members color based on membergroup
Ability for the user to toggle on/off

Instructions:
To install, simply upload the entire zip file to the package manager (Admin -> Package Manager -> Download New Packages).
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

snork13

If you downloaded and installed, please download version 1.2. Fixed error in colspan in display.template.php
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

Dazzler

Hey there this looks cool but i am getting error in "installing"

2. Execute Modification ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php Test failed

I am running tinyportal.. could this be where the problem is?

SMF 1.1.3 + TP .983 + Copperminie

Skipdawg

Quote from: dodgydazzler on June 01, 2006, 06:43:58 PM
Hey there this looks cool but i am getting error in "installing"

2. Execute Modification ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php Test failed

I am running tinyportal.. could this be where the problem is?

Same error on test forum with tinyportal also.
Skipdawg's Community

Powered by SMF 1.1.3

snork13

yes, that could be the problem, i tested on a fresh default install of 1.1rc2. you could make the changes manually, you would need to look at the xml file.
Mods

Skipdawg

Removed TP since I was done testing it. Issue still there.  :o
Skipdawg's Community

Powered by SMF 1.1.3

Niteblade

*Imagines when 200 members post in a topic*

Maybe this mod should link to something on the Stats page ? "Stats for this topic .." or something similar. Else, you're gonna have like 30+ rows of members listed before anyone can actually read the topic.
affiliate blog

snork13

Quote from: Skipdawg on June 02, 2006, 12:32:10 AM
Removed TP since I was done testing it. Issue still there.  :o

I'll look into it, try uploading an unmodded ManagePermissions.php file, then try the mod again.

-Snork13
Mods

Skipdawg

Yea I had thought about that. But could conflict with other Mods I am toying with right now. If I clean it up fresh I may try your mod again later. Great idea though!  ;D ;)
Skipdawg's Community

Powered by SMF 1.1.3

rkirkw

I installed your mod Active Members In Topic 1.2 and it caused some issues
I was unable to view any messages until I edited the file display.php
The problem came from the fact that my table prefixes were not smf_ but customized.
This is common on web hosting sites.

I hope this helps and that you can use it to prevent others from having the same problem in the future.

Here is what I had to edit:

$request = db_query("
            SELECT COUNT(*) AS 'POSTCOUNT', {$db_prefix}members.ID_MEMBER, {$db_prefix}members.memberName, {$db_prefix}membergroups.onlineColor
            FROM ({$db_prefix}messages INNER JOIN {$db_prefix}members ON {$db_prefix}messages.ID_MEMBER = {$db_prefix}members.ID_MEMBER) LEFT JOIN {$db_prefix}membergroups ON {$db_prefix}members.ID_GROUP = {$db_prefix}membergroups.ID_GROUP
            WHERE ((({$db_prefix}messages.ID_TOPIC)=$topic))
            GROUP BY {$db_prefix}members.ID_MEMBER ORDER BY POSTCOUNT DESC ", __FILE__, __LINE__);

Where you previously had:

$request = db_query("
            SELECT COUNT(*) AS 'POSTCOUNT', smf_members.ID_MEMBER, smf_members.memberName, smf_membergroups.onlineColor
            FROM (smf_messages INNER JOIN smf_members ON smf_messages.ID_MEMBER = smf_members.ID_MEMBER) LEFT JOIN smf_membergroups ON smf_members.ID_GROUP = smf_membergroups.ID_GROUP
            WHERE (((smf_messages.ID_TOPIC)=$topic))
            GROUP BY smf_members.ID_MEMBER ORDER BY POSTCOUNT DESC ", __FILE__, __LINE__);

Kirk

Vinspire

I installed this mod but didnt see any different in the mod ....

Anyway, what is the mod suppose to do ?

Show the no. of post the member have made in the thread ?

snork13

Quote from: rkirkw on June 07, 2006, 03:00:52 PM
I installed your mod Active Members In Topic 1.2 and it caused some issues
I was unable to view any messages until I edited the file display.php
The problem came from the fact that my table prefixes were not smf_ but customized.
This is common on web hosting sites.

I hope this helps and that you can use it to prevent others from having the same problem in the future.

Here is what I had to edit:

$request = db_query("
            SELECT COUNT(*) AS 'POSTCOUNT', {$db_prefix}members.ID_MEMBER, {$db_prefix}members.memberName, {$db_prefix}membergroups.onlineColor
            FROM ({$db_prefix}messages INNER JOIN {$db_prefix}members ON {$db_prefix}messages.ID_MEMBER = {$db_prefix}members.ID_MEMBER) LEFT JOIN {$db_prefix}membergroups ON {$db_prefix}members.ID_GROUP = {$db_prefix}membergroups.ID_GROUP
            WHERE ((({$db_prefix}messages.ID_TOPIC)=$topic))
            GROUP BY {$db_prefix}members.ID_MEMBER ORDER BY POSTCOUNT DESC ", __FILE__, __LINE__);

Where you previously had:

$request = db_query("
            SELECT COUNT(*) AS 'POSTCOUNT', smf_members.ID_MEMBER, smf_members.memberName, smf_membergroups.onlineColor
            FROM (smf_messages INNER JOIN smf_members ON smf_messages.ID_MEMBER = smf_members.ID_MEMBER) LEFT JOIN smf_membergroups ON smf_members.ID_GROUP = smf_membergroups.ID_GROUP
            WHERE (((smf_messages.ID_TOPIC)=$topic))
            GROUP BY smf_members.ID_MEMBER ORDER BY POSTCOUNT DESC ", __FILE__, __LINE__);

Kirk

oh, thanks for reminding me. I was a bad boy hard coding and actual fixed, but uploaded the wrong 1.2 version. So i will release 1.3 soon to fix the database prefix, along with a few new features as well!

-Snork13
Mods

PrizeLive.com

Quote from: snork13 on June 09, 2006, 02:51:01 PM
oh, thanks for reminding me. I was a bad boy hard coding and actual fixed, but uploaded the wrong 1.2 version. So i will release 1.3 soon to fix the database prefix, along with a few new features as well!

-Snork13

soiunds good, looking forward to it!!

do you have an estimated date available?
Get Paid Instantly via PayPal (or other options) at PrizeLive.com!

Jay T

Snork very nice as always.

I do have one request if it is possible. I like the way VB has it. The amount of replies is a link that will popup this list. This info is sometimes good to have. The way VB has it is it just a little cleaner. Can this be done?

Here is a s/s to help explain

Vinspire

Quote from: Jay T on June 24, 2006, 04:30:09 PM
Snork very nice as always.

I do have one request if it is possible. I like the way VB has it. The amount of replies is a link that will popup this list. This info is sometimes good to have. The way VB has it is it just a little cleaner. Can this be done?

Here is a s/s to help explain

I second this. Even IPB have this and it is very useful ... Can someone pls create this mod ? Thanks :)

Vinspire

Can someone show me a printscreen of how it would look like when you click the post count in a board ?

LostProphecy

just another add on that i think would be great... i'm sure it's not a big modify...

but at the moment it displays the number of posts as the membername and not the displayname, which is what i think it should display in as if you sign up as say.... cwjfiaog and then change your name to say "jessi" and become known as that then you really want "jessi" displaying for you and not "cwjfiaog" that is showing at the moment
Angelus Ex Quo Nox

snork13

Quote from: Vinspire on June 28, 2006, 12:21:35 AM
Can someone show me a printscreen of how it would look like when you click the post count in a board ?

working example, toggle on/off too

http://www.snork13.net/smf11/index.php?topic=20.0
Mods

PrizeLive.com

Get Paid Instantly via PayPal (or other options) at PrizeLive.com!

snork13

Mods

Advertisement: