News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Removing Extra text from login module

Started by booshan, June 01, 2006, 02:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

booshan

Forum Gurus,

In my smf_login module, I only want to have the username & password labels and text fields, and register and forgot password links. I want to remove all other extra string. I could remove some text after the user logs in, but not before he logs in. Please let me know how I can do that.

Thanks
Booshan

I want to keep only the bolded components.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2006, 10:46:06 AM
Username:
Password:

Login with username, password and session length
Forgot your password?

Kindred

have you actually looked at and/or tried to configure the module?  The majority of that text is customizable to show or not show right in the module's configuration screen in joomla admin
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

booshan

I did hide almost all the options. These options take effect only if the user has logged in. (That is when the logout is valid).

When the user has not logged in, all the text remains the same. It doesn't remove it.

Thanks
Booshan.

Kindred

so... you will have to modify mod_smf_login.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: