Question about $user_settings

Started by Gorkfu, June 03, 2006, 11:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gorkfu

Q1: Which file does $user_settings function or array start at?

I looked through Load.php and practically every other file and can't figure out how this $user_settings is being used globally.

I added a field called userlevel to the smf_members table.

I want to call this field like this on the login page:

$user_settings["userlevel"];

just like this field is called:

$user_settings["memberName"]

How would I add it globally just like ID_MEMBER, memberName etc are called through user_settings.
phpCheckZ [nofollow] - The RSWR Network [nofollow]

Dannii

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Gorkfu

I tried using:

$user_info["userlevel"];

This didn't work either or is there something I have to setup for the userlevel field besides?

Dannii

Well... there is no such thing as a 'userlevel' so of course it's not going to work. What are you wanting to test?
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Gorkfu

QuoteI added a field called userlevel to the smf_members table.

Basically I want to use this new field "userlevel" just like memberName is used or called upon. I'm using it for integrating another script. I got all the rest of the integration working except this one part.

I want it called into a session file like this:

$_SESSION["status_UserLevel"] = $user_settings["userlevel"];

This Works with memberName and other fields, just not the new one "userlevel" that I put in the smf_members table.

Gorkfu

Ok I got it to work.  :) I added userlevel to the query part of the login page. The integration works like a charm now. It's probally a little sloppy but only had to change the login file.  :) The integration was for phpmaker. I might post a little tutorial for those that use phpmaker or are thinking about using it.

Advertisement: