News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Upgrading....where to upload upgrade file...

Started by Tristan Perry, April 09, 2004, 07:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tristan Perry

Hi! I'm on YaBB SE at the moment and I want to upgrade. Where do I upload the "smf_1-0-beta4-1_upgrade" folder? Would I upload it to this part:

Packages
Sources   
YaBBHelp   
YaBBImages   
attachments   

So it'd be:

Packages   
Sources 
YaBBHelp   
YaBBImages   
attachments 
smf_1-0-beta4-1_upgrade

Or what? I have tried uploading it like this and then putting the 2 upgrading files into the smf_1-0-beta4-1_upgrade folder but when I treid to run the upgrade.php file it didn't work. Could you help me out here?
   Thanks

Peter Duggan

The contents of the upgrade directory should be uploaded to your main forum directory (the one that used to be called 'yabbse' in the default install). So you should run upgrade.php from there.

Tristan Perry

Quote from: Peter Duggan on April 09, 2004, 07:23:30 AM
The contents of the upgrade directory should be uploaded to your main forum directory (the one that used to be called 'yabbse' in the default install). So you should run upgrade.php from there.

Ah right! Thanks :)

Peter Duggan

So perhaps I should also have referred you to the Upgrade Guide in case you missed it! ;)

Tristan Perry

Quote from: Peter Duggan on April 09, 2004, 10:55:29 AM
So perhaps I should also have referred you to the Upgrade Guide in case you missed it! ;)

Thanks :) I think I know what I am doing now so I shall go and try it out........

Ben_S

Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

Tristan Perry

Quote from: Ben_S on April 09, 2004, 11:07:28 AM
Don't forget to back up :)

Thanks for reminding me :) I know have 1 back-up on my PC and one on my host!

Advertisement: