SSI issues on pages restricted via mod_rewrite...

Started by Jim R, June 08, 2006, 09:09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim R

I'm using phpGuard Dog as a User Authentication software for my site, utilizing mod_write to protect pages within a directory.  One of the features I would like to add are links from those pages to SSI generated results for recent topics, recent posts, etc.

As I've gotten the SSI codes producing what I want, when I put it on one of those pages the page just comes up blank.  (I did put in the "require" tag at the top of the page.)

Is this a general conflict between SSI and mod_rewrite?

kegobeer

Did you use the path or URL in the require statement?  If you used a URL, try using the actual path (ex: /home/xxx/httpdocs/smf).
"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." - Norman Schwarzkopf
Posting and you (Click "WATCH THIS MOVIE")

Jim R

kegobeer

Can you please clarify exactly how you have your directories configured?  Where is your SMF install, where is your protected directory, and where is this custom php file that's calling SSI.php?  I'm a little confused on exactly what you are trying to accomplish.
"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." - Norman Schwarzkopf
Posting and you (Click "WATCH THIS MOVIE")

Jim R

The path to SMF is /smf. 
Of course SSI.php is at /smf/SSI.php.

The path to the protected directory is called /subPN.
The page in question is at /subPN/2008/pg.php

Advertisement: