Batch add in calendar?

Started by auroramae, June 08, 2006, 08:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

auroramae

Is there a way to import batch  events into the calendar, say from a csv? 
Could this be done through MySQL?

Chris K

I wouldnt mind that either, there was a mod made by Grudge for importing CSV entries into SMF, however its not been changed/modded to work with 1.1 RC2. I am hoping something will come to light soon, as I am in the UK I removed all the holidays not relevant, now have to go back and add all our bank holidays, Easter etc.  I have a modded Mod (if that is a valid phrase!), but it still needs modding again for 1.1 RC2

If someone knows 1.1 RC2 and can assist I can send the code to them so it can be updated to worth with 1.1 RC2, I have tried to email Grudge, but then found he said (in another post on here) he doesnt have time etc to support his older mods/changes and is looking for someone to take on any work he previously did.

:D

auroramae

It would be really nice to have this feature.
The issue in the database seems to be one of ID numbers.
I'm thinking it could trash SMF if they weren't in the correct format.
Otherwise it looks like it would be simple and straightforward. 

Chris K

The package I have here fails to install on a few files, but almost works, it gives you the option to upload the csv, delete all existing dates when importing the new files. I ran it against a demo SMF, and it doesnt map the dates in properly, so its probably nothing major that needs fixing for 1.1. Hopefully someone can fix it :D If I knew the structure I might be prepared to look myself, since I would love to learn!

Chris

auroramae

I am going to put in in the mod requests board.

Chris K

I have already posted an email to say the original mod source is available as a package if someone can take it on to make it fixed for 1.1 rc2, to be honest I dont think the problem is huge, and probably wont take more than a few mins to sort out with someone who knows the coding for 1.1 RC2.

Chris

Advertisement: