Dilber MC Modification

Started by Harzem, June 10, 2006, 06:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harzem

Link to Mod

This package is created to be used with "Dilber MC" theme. You are strongly recommended to apply this mod if you are using Dilber MC Theme.

This mod fixes a background problem that occurs in PersonalMessage page when you have gradient colored backgrounds, like Dilber MC Theme.

You can use this mod also without Dilber MC Theme. It creates no problem in other themes.

GJ-tje

Is this mod needed for the new SMF 1.1 RC3?
"People cannot gain anything without sacrificing something of equal value.
To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange."

"People should not be afraid of their Goverments. Goverments should be afraid of their People."

Surferbird

The MOD doesn't work in RC3, and same question...is it needed in v1.1  rc3 nomore? :o
.:: Always something to ask - always grateful for assistance ::.

Gopherhead

I've changed the package info to use this with RC3, but it's causing a conflict with the installed theme (I think because it's still only designed for RC2?)

Harzem

This is only for RC2. There is no "add poll" bug in RC3 :) I'll release RC3 version of this mod later tonight.

Surferbird

.:: Always something to ask - always grateful for assistance ::.

Gopherhead

Quote from: HarzeM on August 23, 2006, 09:27:12 AM
This is only for RC2. There is no "add poll" bug in RC3 :) I'll release RC3 version of this mod later tonight.

Excellent, thank you!

kangkenyot

Quote from: HarzeM

Done for RC3 version??

Currently I use SMF mixed just for this Mod working well.
SMF Package basically is 1.1 RC3
Except:
- BoardIndex.template.php 1.1 RC2
- MessageIndex.template.php 1.1 RC2
- Settings.template.php 1.1 RC2
- index.template.php 1.1 RC2

kangkenyot

Bro HarzeM ,

• What is the impact if i upgrade Mod to dilbermc-rc3.zip from what currently i used ? (see my above posting).
  • If i will upgrade, i just directly install a new one or must be 1st uninstall the old one?

Pls advise.

Harzem

What I'll suggest is, uninstall the mod, upgrade your theme, install the new mod.

To upgrade the theme, simply overwrite your old folder with the new dilber mc theme package.

kangkenyot

thanks bro.
well done.  :D
My comment: simple to update w/o effect to any other Mods installed and very good looking (at least for me).

charonred

Just upgraded from 1.0.7 to 1.1 RC3 and installed your theme DilberMC - very cool  ;D & it suits our site

just don't know how to install the MC Mod ??

another thing, with this option in theme settings

QuoteEnable inline links
Enabling this will cause your current location to be drawn in a single line, as opposed to in a tree-like manner.

even though i don't have this option ticked, it still displays position link inline rather than tree structure - is this a Theme or RC3 bug ?
Gigabyte MA790FX DS5 m/board + Athlon XP 2.8Ghz D/Core CPU + 2GB DDR2 RAM + Asus ATI HD2600 Pro 512MB video + 1 pata & 4 sata drives (2600 GB) + 2 DVD burners + 2 x 19" LCD monitors = My Website Workshop.

Harzem

1.1 default theme has this strange option. It doesn't do what it promises to do, but does a few different changes on the link tree. I didn't change the behavior in Dilber.

To apply the mod, download it, and upload through Packages>Download>Browse then follow the instructions.

charonred

Thanks for prompt reply and advice; installed it MC mod successfully
Gigabyte MA790FX DS5 m/board + Athlon XP 2.8Ghz D/Core CPU + 2GB DDR2 RAM + Asus ATI HD2600 Pro 512MB video + 1 pata & 4 sata drives (2600 GB) + 2 DVD burners + 2 x 19" LCD monitors = My Website Workshop.

imrich

Now that SMF 1.1 is released, is this Dilber MC mod needed anymore?

If so, is the current version (which is compatible with RC3) the one to use for SMF 1.1?

Another way to ask this is:
I understand this mod is to fix two issues. One with adding a poll to an existing post. Is that still a bug in 1.1 (final)?

Also it is supposed to fix a gradient background problem in personal messages. Is this still an issue with SMF 1.1 (final)?

Thanks!

Harzem

Updated for SMF 1.1

It fixes the gradient background problem in personal messages.

imrich

Thanks for this mod and updating it for 1.1

Can you provide some documentation as to what this "gradient background" problem is?

I'd like to understand the issue.

Thanks!

Harzem

Visit your personal messages page, see the message texts.
On a new window, apply the mod, and visit the page again.
See the difference between the two.

imrich

Thanks for your very quick reply.

Is there any way you can describe the problem? I'd like to understand this before installing the mod.

Is there any text not viewable? Is the page messed up or not working? Or is this a simple minor cosmetic issue?

Harzem

Simple minor cosmetic issue actually :)

I could include a personal message template file within the theme package, so there wouldn'T be any need for this mod. But for a minor change, I didn't want to prevent the theme using the default file, so any related modifications will work.

Advertisement: