News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

My Assitant

Started by GameCube, August 14, 2006, 05:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GameCube

Hi I am looking for an IPB style my assitant type thing, I don;t really know how to explain it, but if you are familar with IPB you will know what I mean.

Ben_S

What does it do, if it's so good you can explain it easilly, if you can't explain it, it can't really be very useful.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

deadpoeticstar

Here is what v2.1.7 looks like for IPB

see screenshots

Ben_S

So it's a popup that does nothing that can't be done much easier by just clicking the standard links or am I missing something?
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

deadpoeticstar

well in this case i seems to be a div layer pop up when clicked cause it previous versions it seems to have been a pop up (possibly a div now to combat pop up blockers)

GameCube

Thanks for replying. The functionability of this mod makes it easier to be able to have certain functions without having to look all over the board for it. like if the SMF staff mod could be integrated into this. It also pops up to show recent pms, and latest post which would make it a lot simpler than looking around for all the links. I would really appreciate if some would could make this, either default in a later version or as a mod.

H

Top 10 posters -- in stats which is linked to on the frontpage

Search -- included on all pages on the 1.1 template

Recent PMs -- My Messages will alert you to recent PMs and clicking it allows you to read them.

IMO adding a my assistant would be bloat when most of it is on the frontpage
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Mamoun

I hate Ipb my assistant, I don't like to show latest post in a 300X300 box, But I wish SMF could display number of new replies to your posts next to the link on the top of the page.

Advertisement: