Session Variable via GET

Started by Tywick, August 21, 2003, 06:47:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tywick

one thing that I have always liked about YaBB SE vs other boards is that it does not throw a session variable into the URL. However, I'm notacing PHPSESSID in the URL every once in a while and find it annoying. Why is it annoying? Because sometimes I copy and paste URLs of a post/thread/board what have you for other people to reference. Does the SMF team intend to do away with PHPSESSID via GET before the beta release?

[Unknown]

It's only in there because you're having cookie issues. It puts it there if you are having trouble so you will stay logged in.

I never have the thing in the URL, unless I turn my cookies off.  Then it pops in, because my cookies aren't working ;).

-[Unknown]

Jeff Lewis

I never see it here - but I'm with you on that it's annoying when sites do it that way :)
Co-Founder of SMF

[Unknown]

It's the only way to do it if cookies are off... although it is annoying.

Can't help it... if it's not there, you won't be logged in...

-[Unknown]

Jeff Lewis

And that's fine but my cookies are always working :) I mean on other sites. If it is working because someone has a cookie issue then that is great.
Co-Founder of SMF

sensovision

what about spiders? will they get URLs with sessions or not? or guest doesn't getting sessions only members when they logged on?

Parham

i sometimes see it in the address bar too, and i don't have cookie issues.

[Unknown]

Odd... yeah, only logged in people get it.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: