Files to be installed with mods? (Nevermind)

Started by Captain_Morrigan, June 15, 2006, 02:47:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain_Morrigan

I am creating a mod and am getting frustrated with the search feature (I use it all the time but sometimes it's aggravating to continuously refresh to see a second page worht of results, anways... but I'm trying to understand fully the way you install files for the mod.

I think that what I do is:
<install>
   Change this to the name of your readme file - if you have any.
   <readme>readme.txt</readme>
   Whatever filename you gave your modification file.
   <modification>modification.xml</modification>
   Add this only if you need to add settings - see add_settings.php. (most likely not.)
   <code>add_settings.php</code>
</install>

But I need a little help understanding what I'm doing. Here's what I need:
I need to create a folder in the sources directory and within that folder another folder. I need to add the source file for the mod into the first directory. I need to install the template file.

I've been looking at the documentation that it gives you in the Example mod ZIP file and it keeps referring me to http://docs.simplemachines.org which has pretty much the same information.

I want to test it to make sure it's working correctly before I can ZIP it at home and submit it. I'm really excited as this is my first mod but I don't quite understand this part of the modification. I already have the replace and add (modification.xml) file done.

Also with this package I need to add a simple language file but I think it would have to do with the above question of how to install a file.

Also, I almost forgot, I need to how to add a table to the Database so that the information is stored. I think I may mod the add_settings but I don't need to modify the modsettings I need to have a new table.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Edit: I found it inside of another mod that I had downloaded. Thanks anyways guys.

Advertisement: