New Zealand Baseball Website, need help

Started by kanga669, June 16, 2006, 09:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kanga669

Hi guys,

So I am fairly new to this and I just finished up my new website for the baseball team here in New Zealand.

Everything is fine excpet for one thing:

I am using joomla 1.0.9 and SMF 1.0.7 but whenever you log into the actual website, it does not carry over the  forum meaning that, after you logged on to the website, you click on forum, a new window opens, the forum appears, and you need to login again. I read some stuff about bridges bout I am not too sure how they work so I figured I d rather ask one of you before I screw this up completely lol.

Also, is ther a way to include a button on your forum that will bring you back to the actual website and nop the "home" of the forum?

you can find me on msn under [email protected] if that suits you better

Thx,

Gordo

oh the website is hxxp:www.westcitybaseball.co.nz [nonactive] if you want to check it out lol

Orstio

Since SMF is a stand alone forum, and not a native part of Joomla, you will need to install a bridge for the logins to function together.

Read here:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=68663.0

kanga669

well, so Installed everything and followed the instructions.....but now I am getting error messages left and right....arghh.....could someone please take a look at this???

www.westcitybaseball.co.nz

or IM at [email protected]

kanga669

and when i simply try to uninstall that component, i can still see error messages on my screen, and my login window for my site is really awful now on the front page....how do i just get everything back to normal

Orstio

You installed the wrong bridge.  Did you actually read the post I linked above?

For SMF 1.0.7, you need Bridge 3.19a_stable.

Now, to uninstall bridge 1.1.4 completely, you will need to uninstall the mambot that was installed with the bridge as well.

Advertisement: