News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Custom Post Field?

Started by TheGamer, June 17, 2006, 03:36:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGamer

Hello! In the support portion of this site, when you post a topic it adds a "SMF Version:" field to the Post New Topic pages, which gives you the selection of 1.1 RC2, 1.1 RC1, etc... Well that's cool, and I was wondering how to do that, and would also like to know how to do it in only select boards (example: Here at SMF, that only applies to the support boards)

In my case I'd like two drop downs. One that lists Review or Preview, and the other would list a bunch of game consoles.

Here at SMF, it automatically adds your data to the top of your post when you're done. I was wondering if it'd be possible for it to add it to the topic title with parenthesis.

Example:

Topic Title: *title as defined by user* (console) (review/preview)

Hopefully this makes sense, and hopefully there is a way to do this!!

Thanks,
TheGamer

TheGamer

Can't anyone help me? There's clearly a way.

H

Please try a search as this has been discussed many times before
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

TheGamer

Heh. I did before I started this topic but found nothing.

winrules

Look here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=90176.0

Instead of this line:
$_POST['message'] = '[b]some field:[/b] ' . $_POST['extrafield'] . '\n' . $_POST['message'];
You could do something like this:
$_POST['subject'] = $_POST['subject'] . ' (' . $_POST['extrafield'] . ')';. And then you would change the <input> tag to a select.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods
Please do not PM me for support.

TheGamer

Awesome! Thanks, winrules. Heh. When I posted this thread I thought "I bet Winrules will have something to say about this" knowing you always doing custom-field stuff. ;)

Thanks again

Advertisement: