Blue_Grey

Started by TreetopClimber, June 18, 2006, 02:38:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OmegaSupreme

So I'm trying to understand all this "version" stuff in it's relation to the themes (pardon me I'm a noobie). I would still like to have this theme, but does it seem that I am behind in updates or ahead, and it sounds like if I were to upgrade I may lose some of my themes; Is that statement correct?

These are our installed packages
1. SMF 1.0.6 Update 1.0
2. SMF 1.0.7 / 1.1 RC2 Update 1.0

Version Information:
Forum version: SMF 1.0.7 (more detailed)
Current SMF version: SMF 1.0.7
PHP version: 4.3.11
MySQL version: 4.1.15
Server version: Apache/1.3.34 (Unix) DAV/1.0.3 mod_fastcgi/2.4.2 mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/4.3.11 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_ssl/2.8.25 OpenSSL/0.9.7a
GD version: bundled (2.0.28 compatible)

Is there something else we need to install or reinstall

Deaks

1.0.7 is the stable version of smf, however 1.1RC2 is out for testing, this theme is only compatable with 1.1 RC2, simply it wont work on a 1.0.7 forum.

You are correct though if you were to update to RC2 and theme you have installed for 1.0.7 would be worthless so to speak and you would have to install new themes that are compatable with RC2
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

OmegaSupreme

Well TreetopClimber, I really like your setup on this theme, but I guess I'm stuck unless you can downgrade it to 1.0.7, or RC2 gets away to be backwards compatable with 1.0.7.  If you can fix it great, but if you can't or don't want to I also understand.  Thank you guys for your help. I'll keep checking back for updates  ;D (wink wink nudge nudge, say no more)

OmegaSupreme

Ok upon farther investigation we do have this installed

Files in archive smf_patch_1.0.7_1.1-RC2-1_4.tar.gz:
firefox_1-5_fix.xml (1417 bytes)
mysql-5.0.12-compat.xml (13430 bytes)
package-info.xml (2141 bytes)
php-4.4.0-compat.xml (492 bytes)
smf_1-0-5_to_1-0-7_patch.mod (22954 bytes)
smf_1-0-6_to_1-0-7_patch.mod (4586 bytes)
smf_1-1-RC2-1_patch.mod (3441 bytes) 

This seems to be what you are talking about, but we have had this update for a while now, some themes work others have parts missing (mostly images but the copyright info on this one)

OmegaSupreme

Well, I took a chance and updated to 1.1 RC2 and all our previous and newer themes seems to be ok, includiing Blue_Grey.  I only had one currently known error and that was a missing image file for the personal messages section.  So I appear to be good to go. Thanks guys

PS. in the packages section there was a note about a security patch update for 1.1 RC2, I assume that I need to install that as soon as possible, correct????

TreetopClimber

Yes correct for the security patch... And if you'da waited just another day you could have had the smf 1.0.7 version of this theme. I did spend the most of the evening redoing this theme to fit smf 1.0.7 just for you and who ever wanted it. I had to change a few things on the main header panel but I kinda like it better then the first one. I made some nice transparent buttons for the menu and used some from another theme for the rest instead of the default buttons. I am going to upload it to the downloads section of my forum if anyone would like to get it you may do so HERE

OmegaSupreme

I thank you for that, it was much appreciated.  At least others can use it, for those that still have 1.0.7.  It's an awesome theme by the way. Thanks for all your help. I'll check out the 1.0.7 version too.

Wazakindjes

Can u make a site template in the same colors? if u have done, send me: [email protected]. im using it and it works great!

btw, how to delete the Powered By logo's?
btw2, how to change text color of news fader?

all send to [email protected]

Iron IC

How do I change the text color inside the news area on top of the forum? It it to light, so the text doesn`t show! Alternatively, change the background color. Please help someone! Thanks a lot. This is a VERY nice theme :)

Iron IC

Forget it! Solved... Edited the style.css file

Crip

I have become comfortably numb!

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -

TOTM Winner. | Demo Site1on1 Theme Support

MRM4

I stumbled across this theme earlier today and like it. One thing I saw as a negative was the tiny pixels in the background images. I removed those except for the one that goes behind a sticky topic. I cannot find that image or code. Can someone direct me to it?

MRM4

Never mind on the previous question. I got it.

One thing I did notice though with these theme. A couple of admin options do not show up in my admin panel. They do in any other theme I have installed or tested. Anyone care to guess what could cause this?

TreetopClimber

Quote from: crip on July 27, 2007, 04:50:32 PM
TTC..
isn't this Your theme: http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=17745.msg146536#msg146536
Nope same name but completely different. Besides this they have converted a php-nuke theme and made some color changes

JediKaren

Can Blue_Grey be updated for 1.4?  Please?

TreetopClimber

Quote from: JediKaren on May 03, 2008, 08:00:22 PM
Can Blue_Grey be updated for 1.4?  Please?
I'll see what I can do, I am pretty busy at the moment but I may be able to here soon.

techristian

Nice looking theme but it has NO BUTTONS FOR POST OR REPLY !!!

DAN

hxxp:teachmedrums.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php [nonactive]

kat

QuoteCompatible With: 1.1 RC2

So, as you're running SMF v2.0.4, are you surprised?

Advertisement: