Ranks and Stars images one location Updated for SMF 2.0 RC3

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, June 19, 2006, 07:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMFHacks.com Team

Link to Mod

This mod allows you to store your rank and star images in one location. Allows you to store your images in a folder called ranks in your board directory.

Place all bug reports and feature requests on this site:
http://www.smfhacks.com/index.php?action=modtracker
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

vbgamer45

Notes: After you install this mod. You need to copy over your ranks that you have already installed or use to the ranks folder.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

RoarinRow

SMF 2.0
TP 1.0 RC1.1
Wordpress 3.1.3

vbgamer45

Not much you can really see as a demo. It jsut edits the source files and creates a ranks folder where you would place all the rank images that you want to use. Instead of hacing to copying the ranks images to each themes images folder.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

RoarinRow

Quote from: vbgamer45 on December 13, 2006, 01:50:11 PM
Not much you can really see as a demo. It jsut edits the source files and creates a ranks folder where you would place all the rank images that you want to use. Instead of hacing to copying the ranks images to each themes images folder.

oh i see, i see, thanks   :D

SMF 2.0
TP 1.0 RC1.1
Wordpress 3.1.3

ChaosEnergy

does not work for the admin function show permission membergroups
Chaos Empire ®

TrueSatan

@ vbgamer45

I don't want to step on your toes so to speak so I thought I'd best ask before doing what I have in mind:

Would you mind if I merged this mod with Thantos' Show Multiple Badges (Aka Stars)? The two mods conflict unless a manual instal of one or other is done and would compliment one another quite well IMHO.

Would you like, if the above is acceptable, to take on the merged mod?

franklinrony

hi good job, i have a trouble, install the mod, move all images to ranks folder, for the primary group show properly  :D but for aditional groups the image dont show  :'(  in the path i see like this

http://localhost/foro/Themes/MegaPolis/images/supermod.png

in the primary group show
http://localhost/foro/ranks/uploader.gif
http://twitter.com/franklinrony

Entra y aprende a ser un webmaster
www.sv-blog.com
--Si pides ayuda al menos agradece el soporte recibido----

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

ZarPrime

The chances are pretty good that I will be using this once I upgrade one of my main sites from SMF 1.1.x to SMF RC3.  If I'm correctly  understanding what it does, it's a very nice Mod, though I haven't tried it yet.

ZarPrime

Garou

Actually I use this all the time and as far as I'm concerned it should be a standard feature in SMF but I dont think people realize just how useful it is. Just like Smileys its very helpful to have them all in one place. Maybe after you update it for RC4 you can get it set as a featured mod to get it more recognition.

If you have a site with multiple themes and want to use the same stars and badges across the site you have to add them in to every single theme. Just like Smileys its very helpful to have at least the ones that aren't theme specific all in one place so they can be used anywhere.

Baloch

Tibbetts

Is there a way to make this mod work in RC4?  I'm new to SMF and I would love to have this mod for my forums.

-Tibbetts
Cowl: "Insolent child! I will rip your mind asunder!"
Harry Dresden: "Bring it, Darth Bathrobe!"

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

H3lioz

Hey, please make this avaible with 2.0 ill pay if you want.. (depends price..)

vbgamer45

Quote from: strafe on August 02, 2011, 07:26:30 AM
Sent me a donation and I can work on it.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

H3lioz

Quote from: vbgamer45 on August 02, 2011, 03:12:04 PM
Quote from: strafe on August 02, 2011, 07:26:30 AM
Sent me a donation and I can work on it.
How much?

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: